1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Geardriven F-2 Procharger...Season's Over...11-15-09

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by jevans, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Brent Davis

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-06-07

Oh, Jevans, man you gotta fill out the blow-thru database. That is going to be ANOTHER fast blow-thru ride and needs to be in there :2thumbs:

Thanks.

2. jevans

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-15-07

a few new pics,

F-2 PROCHARGER/STAGE II WATER INJECTION NOZZLES

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

GEARDRIVE TRANSMISSION

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Mounted Vacuum Pump

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. ford-swap

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-15-07

You probably know about this, but just make sure that the mist from those nozzles is well atomized, or else it will eat the impeller.

-Rob

4. jevans

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-16-07

Rob, we talked with Terry at The Supercharger Store and the nozzles in thier kit spray a fine, fully atomized mist, they haven't had any problems with impeller failure...John

new fabricated 3 1/2" dia. blower inlet tube, we had hood clearance problem with previous 4" tube we fabricated :bang:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

5. Jake

Looking GOOD! Just a small note from experiance on your T-bolt clamps. We had some with a smaller springs and I dont know what yours with the larger spring will do but those are a torque prevailing clamp. We had Barrys blow apart and found we needed to actually tighten them till the spring compressed fully to get them tight enough to stay on. Yours may be fine. If not then you'll know what to do. :2thumbs:

6. 25-5

This is one NICE car. How do you control the boost on this? Do you change a gear inside?

7. jevans

thanks 25-5,we'll control timing through ignition, the transmission has a gearset inside that can be changed to adjust boost at different RPM. There's 67 different combinations that you can choose from in 3% increments to fine tune power and impeller speed. It takes about 1/2 hour to disassemble and change gearset.

8. white88lx

so um............wheres the radiator go? might be a stupid question but

9. jevans

a sneek peek of radiator, the styrofoam will be the holding tanks, the cardboard is taped on to protect the cores. We're doing layout for inlet,outlet bungs and filler neck. We'll post some pics of finished radiator as soon as it's complete.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. stroker351

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-18-07

you dont see something like that everyday!!! Good luck with the project man!!! Looks good

11. Jake

Now thats a damn neat idea! :chacha: Gotta contend with a reverse F-2's radiator setup soon myself. I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out for you guys. Where'd ya get the cores at?

12. jevans

the radiator design is from a guy who does some work for a couple of local Indy teams. He's got about every shape and size cores available.

13. 25-5

Web page or other contact? Iam going to be puting my turbo up high in the middle of the car and that would be cool to do what you did. :chacha:
    Thanks Scott

14. jevans

I'll be over at thier shop today, I'll post information.

15. Unatural

This thing is getting cooler all the time. :2thumbs: I assume you'll be using a small fan for each of the cores? I remember seeing the water pump mounted on the other side of the engine compartment. Are you going to have to run your radiator hose all the way across, or is there another place you can mount it?

16. jevans

your correct Wayne, the water pump is mounted on the passenger side. The Meziere WP 316 pumps 55 GPM with a 1 3/4" inlet hose, so we feel it shouldn't be a problem with it's location.

We're still working on the cooling fans, right now we have several we're looking at. We're thinking a couple smaller units on each core.

17. hilly70

After looking at all that I think I need to go rub one out! Sweet build!!

What kind of carb is that?

18. Explorer5.0

I didnt read alot of the thread.. but why put the water injection before the compressor? I though injecting it into pressurized atmosphere(after the blower) is what made it properly evaporate. Also, where can I get some of those nozzles? :)

19. Jake

Looks like you guys are making a down flow out of it. You got me thinking about it really seriously now. A crossflow would take ALOT of baffles welded in the corner. :D Looking foward to the info on the cores. Thanks John! :chacha:

20. Heedzup

all I have to say is waw.