1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Geardriven F-2 Procharger...Season's Over...11-15-09

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by jevans, Dec 3, 2006.

1. jevans

Re: Geardriven F-2 Procharger...Track Testing Results...09-07-09

Hey Will,

Still quite a bit of work in front of us. We'll be making a few changes over the next week or so. The gearset we had in the geardrive for the KOC Race made a ton of power, definitely made up for the tight converter. Would have been nice to have had a few extra passes to try to get a handle on the suspension with the extra power. We're thinking there's a little left with the current combination, we'll see once we get the converter tweaked...

2. huffer

:2thumbs: WICKED!!! :2thumbs:
    :cheers:

3. jevans

Re: Geardriven F-2 Procharger...King of Columbus Video...09-13-09

Been a real busy couple weeks...The week leading up to NMRA and this past week testing on Thurs. and then the KOC Race on Fri. We had a blow out on the trailer on the way to test on Thurs., then a spring shackle broke on Fri. about a mile from our shop on the way to the KOC Race. We had to unload the equipment from the trailer and set-up to make the repair. We had to go back to the shop and fabricate a couple shackles to make it to the race. Everyone jumped into action, we had the repair done and was back on the road in about a hour.

We unloaded just in time to tech and then go directly to the staging lanes for the second round on qualifying. The first pass off the trailer was a great pass for a untested combination. The 1.56 gearset gets the blower singing as you can see from the video that Big Ed posted on youtube. It would have been nice to have had a few passes to work with a different timing curve to kill a little power down low to keep the tires hooking. We did make to the semi's, only to be beat by the winner of the event. He ran a 4.98 against us, I don't think we could have made that much up without some more passes and tuning.

We decided to skip the OSM Race today and regroup. We'll be pulling the converter this week to have Lenny loosen it up a little. We're going to go back to the 1.32 gearset and do some testing with that combination. We should be back out testing in a couple weeks. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress...

Here's a couple more video's from the KOC Race, in case you didn't catch them on youtube. The car was a handful when it got out about 80 to 100'...Definitely felt good to make some laps and feel the power of the F-2...John

&feature=channel[/url]

&feature=channel[/url]

4. botietr

Re: Geardriven F-2 Procharger...King of Columbus Race Video...09-13-09

John,
    What tires do you have on those passes?

5. super pro joe

WOW...........that is one bad mofo!!!!! :bow: :2thumbs:

6. jevans

M/T 29.5X10.5 stiff sidewalls...

7. super pro joe

With different tires of course........is the car still streetable? Just wondered how the gear driven procharger is on the street(or if there is even a difference).But,nomatter what.......im in love with your killa' 'stang!!!! :2thumbs: :cheers: :bow:

8. jevans

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments...The geardrive is very streetable. The car started out as more of a street friendly build, as we started with the water injection, no wing and a small cowl hood. We had originally planned on using a stock-style suspension also. Not that we were going to drive it on the street alot, but it would have been possible. At this point, the car has evolved into a full out "race car". So, over the winter the car will more than likely be upgraded to a air to water intercooler, as well as EFI. We haven't decided if we'll stay with the same motor and procharger or if we'll go with the new motor we're building with the 106mm turbo. I would like to see what this combination would do if we had a intercooler on it, we're definitely giving up alot of usable power by running non-intercooled...John

9. Tweakedbuick

NOW your talkin' ! You've got a lot still on the table without the intercooler and EFI will only make the tuning curve easier. I promise you'll never use a carb again once you go down the EFI road. I've got an "intercooling" idea you might want to try in the meantime if you're interested. ---Will

10. jevans

Sounds Good Will...We'll definitely be talking and sharing ideas, looking forward to some upgrades this winter. I've already started the "wish list"

11. Tims86-9.80

:ahah:

12. 84notch

Get the car back to the track yet? Can't wait to see some updated track times. :bow:

13. jevans

No, been pretty busy and the weather hasn't been very good. We're hoping to make it out soon to try the new converter out. Looking into what changes we're going to make over the winter, we have a few options, just trying to sort everything out. I'll keep you guys posted...

14. D. Murray

Whats up JE.. Saw the videos your crazy to not have the wheelie bars on.. Talk to you know who this weekend.. He said give him a call when your ready.. I'll text you his number.. Talk to you soon..

15. jevans

Hey David,

We had quite a bit of timing pulled out down low, only 60' in the high 20's...It actually felt really nice until it started making some power, which was around 100' out or so. Then it wanted to blow the tires off the car. Still quite a bit of testing to do with this combo, not for sure if we'll make it back out this year or not. I'll keep a eye open for the number, I've got alot of things to look at. Should be a interesting winter. I'll be talkin to ya soon...John

16. Gearhead559

seen your old car out at the track yesterday..

[​IMG]#ad

i dont like the stripes IMO...

love the motor he stuffed in it tho :chacha:

17. jevans

Hey Rob,

I talk w/ Eric (new owner) every now and then, car looks nice. I'm not a fan of the stripes either, he wanted to personalize the car. The new powerplant is pretty bad though, can't wait to see what it runs when he decides to spray it...

18. jevans

Hey Guys,

Haven't posted in a while...We were hoping to take the car out one last time before winter with the tweaked converter, but we didn't make it. We decided to pull the motor and trans. out, we'll go through and check out the motor over the winter. Still up in the air with what changes we'll be making to the combination over the winter, still a few people to discuss the combination with. Once we have a direction with the combination, I'll post...John

[​IMG]#ad

19. Galloway6

What's up with the GS?

20. blownpony

or GN..?