1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Geardriven F-2 Procharger...Season's Over...11-15-09

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by jevans, Dec 3, 2006.

1. onefastmustang

Re: Geardriven F-2 25.5 Chassis/Ladderbar Upgrade... ADDED PICS 12-23-06

looking good john,still in tennessee,will be back monday afternoon.will be at the shop tuesday night.starting to get busy in the back.i have a few new ideas to throw your way when i get back in town.see ya...eddie

2. ricky

sweet build me like!! lol you are building one nice car here bud,wanted to ask,what motor plate did you go with?how much lower were you able to set the motor over where it sat with the previous 1 1/2 dropped mount setup? not sure if you were even trying to achieve setting the motor lower by going with the plate,but wanted to ask....aslo,what size rear wheels are you running? did not notice it in the thread,i like those tires,and i'm thinking the 325/50's m/t's that i have are going to be too short. Rick

3. jevans

thanks Ricky, the motorplate on blue car is 3/8" thick, it's a plate that we made out of sheet stock. We lowered the motor 1 1/2", we also used offset bushings to lower steering rack for oil pan clearance. The drag radials on car are 295/65/15 on 10" Alumastars, the ET STREET's are 30x12.5x15 on 12" Alumastars.

4. jevans

Re: Geardriven F-2 25.5 Chassis/Ladderbar Upgrade...UPDATED PICS 01-03-07

started fabrication of blower inlet tube

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

started layout options for blower inlet hole in bumper cover w/ painter (Steve Sturgell)

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

5. botietr

Re: Geardriven F-2 25.5 Chassis/Ladderbar Upgrade... Updated Pics 01-03-07

I just love blue stangs..lol..looks great!!
    No intercooler? water injection? is that legal for that class?

6. Jake

Looking sinister!! I love it!

7. jevans

thanks Bruce and Jake,

Bruce, we decided to use a Stage 2 water injection kit with the geardriven blower when we planned out combo with The Supercharger Store. They have had great success with thier kit. It also free's up alot of extra space in the interior. I'll post some pics on the install soon.

8. Brent Davis

jevans, man you are going to be in for a mean, mean and fast azz car! That thing looks great man. Kinda makes me want a reverse blower :D.

How much longer before it fires off?

9. jevans

thanks Brent, We're excited about this build, I've had some good help planning out this combination. I think the reverse blower has a killer look, I was sold on it as soon as I saw Patrick Barnhill's Nova. He's made some really quick passes with his set-up (7.78 @ 178 ) and he's still tweaking his combo. I'm hoping to fire it up sometime in March, there's alot of little things that we still have to do to bring this whole thing together the way we want it to look when it's finished. There's some nice paint work and powder coating coming up after we complete all of the mock-up work. I'll keep you posted, thanks for the interest...John

10. pudster1

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-03-07

that is one bad fucken ride- ooppss :bah: what color is that :chacha: :2thumbs:

11. jevans

thanks Gerry, Factory ford color Dark Shadow Blue Metallic, with PPG Voilet Pearl in Clearcoat.

12. ricky

what brand valve covers are those?

13. jevans

ricky, Jeff Johnson

14. jevans

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-06-07

layout and cut blower inlet hole in bumper cover

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

ready to mold inlet tube inside bumper cover to blower

[​IMG]#ad

15. Unatural

That looks great. Nice job. :2thumbs:

16. jevans

thanks, Wayne

17. jtsmg

Nice man.. can you pm me a price on the orange car as a roller. thanks jeff

18. D. Murray

Man, whats that up front? How much air will you suck up? Your funny John! :2thumbs: Suprise for everyone! Here is the first street car that can out run any cops in Ohio.

19. jevans

what's up David, We've got a few other things in our bag of tricks !!! Stay tuned for some more madness !!!

20. onefastmustang

Dave,you like that blue car do ya,you know its hard to tell what comes out of the stable,whats up your sleeve for this year...Eddie