1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"GAPN U" Is getting Twins

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by HardcoreABN, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Disney Lincoln

Clean install. You're making serious progress!!

Your cooler is huge! For reference, mine was 6"Hx12"W and held just under 15oz. Your's looks like it would hold a quart by itself. On mine I never figured on draining the oil from it. I figured I was changing out most of it with the sump and filter, Plus I did oil changes every other race weekend, so maybe 200 miles.

2. HardcoreABN

Right now I am trying to decide between braided stainless or aluminum hard line for the lines from the oil filter to the cooler and back. Both are chassis mounted so there will be no movement on them and vibration will be minimal.

3. HardcoreABN

Didn't work on it much the last week, busy doing yard work. Got a good start on it today. Bent up my oil cooler lines. About 95% happy with how they turned out, I might make a new one because I am not super happy with how 1 of the bends isn't in the perfect location. But then again, nobody will ever see them once the fender is on so....I still need to order some clamps and such to secure and support the lines. Going to put some heat shielding over them to prevent any paint issues. In one of the pics it looks as if the line is hitting the headlight, but that is just the angle. There is at least 1/4" between the headlight and the line.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Then tragedy struck. I was installing a different oil supply fitting on one of the turbos when it broke. Had to pull that whole side apart. Now I need to order a new manifold gasket and a new turbo gasket since Remflex aren't exactly reusable. So much for having the engine in this weekend. Oh well, maybe I will work on closing off the opening in the cowl from where I had to cut to make room for the Hi Ram. At least I got the fitting out before the sealant dried....

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad