1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

'FOPAR' Extreme 10.5 Twin Turbo 4.6L Ford powered Dodge Daytona build in Aus

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by FoPar, Aug 25, 2010.

1. FoPar

thanks mate. yeah its gonna be a hell of a handful, hopefully will all be good.

Ash i was going to ask you to drive it but i know if its not MFI or has a roof u dont wanna know bout it ;) driver has a shitload to learn. i been ppractising while im on the toilet. i reckon i will unload my stomach contents into my pants a couple times :raz:

2. FoPar

the car is gone to the fabricators for a short stay and get a bit of work done. all the work Groovy had done on it all came rushing back and haunting him :haha: was a terrible day to take the car down, as luck has it soon as the towie came to get it, it starts hammering down.

hadn't gone anywhere for soooo long, was glad to see the back of it :chacha:
    [​IMG]#ad

was sick of one sexy twin on the car, so i added the other. pictures don't do it justice. looks great with it on there. 2400hp of Precision Turbo goodness.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

we are looking at doing the intake pipe shorter this time. should look pretty good, Groovy should have it knocked up over the next few days.

will be looking at doing both a E98 ethanol tune and also a methanol tune. Ethanol is a fuel im comfortable with and the tuner believes we can still get a very good result. will try a 15-20psi tune, if it goes good will throw 30psi into, it is non-intercooled so it won't provide the cooling that an intercooled or methanol tune would but confident will still provide good numbers.

3. FoPar

new intake pipe setup is done, it's hard to make a '91 Dodge Daytona look tuff :( but i think the pipe work now makes it look much meaner and tuffer than before :2thumbs:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

it looks like an upside down Dodge symbol? yep i agree. added a little part of Dodge back into it :)
    [/

4. FoPar

got the intake pipe and turbo compressor covers coated with a thermal dispersant. they also did the ceramic coating on the turbine housings.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

one more step closer, all the wiring is done. just need to put on a few sensors and finish the panel/paintwork and it's start-up time. kept the CDI wiring away from the ECU as instructed by tuner, electrician tidied up the rest of the wiring as well :D
    [​IMG]#ad

Racepak dash needs to be calibrated with the Motec ECU, however, electrician ran a check on everything and is 100%, very very happy ;)
    [​IMG]#ad

5. wantabe

do some more work on it... :2thumbs:

6. stangman9897

Do you think the IAT will be ok wihout an intercooler ? Can't wait to see what this thing does.

7. FoPar

my work is done, well have bout 3 more hours to do :chacha: just waiting on brother to paint it now ;)

8. FoPar

yeah it will be fine, have spoke to a fair few people about it, although E98 doesn't have the cooling methanol does, it still should be ok. we won't be working the turbo's too hard, probably looking at 30-35psi boost. i may add some meth injection too cool things down later. IAT's might be hot going in but im hoping by the time it's ready to burn it has cooled down a bit. tuner knows his shit so with his knowledge we will be ok

9. wantabe

Bribe him good... :)

10. wtfovr

Sexy maze of hoses and pipes.

I particularly like the upper radiator hose feeding the cannister. Does it house your pressure cap and bleed line also? It looks like it. I am thinking about doing a similar routing for mine to add more coolant to my system.

11. FoPar

:2thumbs: yeah it does, it should do the trick. makes it a little easier for us.

12. FoPar

little quickie update, threw a little paint on the car, still have to do the front clip and bonnet. colour came out just how i wanted, PPG looked after us and supplied a satin black mix from their Delfleet Evolution range, very very easy to paint with, 2 coats and you are done. took a little under 90 minutes to get it painted. start-up less than a month away :2thumbs:
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

tossing up idea's on how to break up the paint, may throw a stripe on it, like the brother's car, makes it look more like a team
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. 87gn@tahoe

You guys have outdone yourselves!

What kind of car is your brother's and what does it have in it?

14. FoPar

thanks.

the brother's car is a 1970 Ford Capri, it has a Lexus 1UZ V8 in it, they are a 240ci DOHC has twin Garrett 62mm turbo's. it's his weekend cruiser has run a
    This content is protected
    in full street trim with 275 radials and
    with exhaust removed, slicks and race E85
    [video=youtube;cKjf8y3OYiQ][/video]

15. FoPar

things have been going slow, alot of stuffing around with the front end and bonnet which is still yet to be painted. and we been doing some racing and other mods on the other brother's twin turbo 4L DOHC Lexus V8, trying to get a new PB with it, been stuck at
    for 18 months :apologetic:

took the car down to the brother's, he has a higher garage so can fit the hoist in, looks at home next to his little KE70 Corolla with 2JZ, it's run a
    best. we are doing final checks, putting sensors on and any other small jobs this weekend and next.

[​IMG]#ad

the car will be remote tuned by Shane T from the US, have to get our local Aussie tuner organised also to run it up on the dyno etc. fingers crossed startup in 3-4 weeks.

16. drag lc

sweet mate looks like the 2j's got some fruit on it to..

17. wantabe

Don't tell him too many good things...
    :)

18. FoPar

lol, the 2J isn't too bad, she hasn't been raced for a couple year's. he built it about 10 years ago, last couple years has been doing the family thing n all the money going into his new house. we have this thing now to play with, would be pretty hard all 3 racing, as we would all be racing in the same class. this way us plus another 2-3 guys is plenty crew.

19. bgjohnson

This is a pretty unique build. Can't wait to see it run down the 1/4!

20. FoPar

thanks, same as us.

the motor is officially ready for startup after i add 2 more lines and a couple sensors. then it's finish off the body while we wait for the tuners.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

decided to go straight to methanol instead of playing with the E98, had nothing to do with wantabe's insistence lol