1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

'FOPAR' Extreme 10.5 Twin Turbo 4.6L Ford powered Dodge Daytona build in Aus

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by FoPar, Aug 25, 2010.

1. FoPar

i love John's car, has been my fave car for many years, i wanted to buy the Cougar at one point after he smashed it but u always get a little worried after a car has a bad smash. how are they controlling the boost in the car, just with the Motec? or they have something like the AMS1000? that would eliminate any boost creep in Gary's car.

2. wildcardfox

Well Garys car was identical to Johns, but now Garys starting to change things, and they're running into problems. I'm not sure if he's controlling boost with another system? I think all of the Accufab cars, which now includes your car all run Motec. I know he switched to a turner from Titan motorsports. They are trying to vent the excess boost from a wastegate mounted on the Intercooler. However it kept breaking due to the pressure.

Yah I miss the cougar too. We were all worried when we heard he crashed. First thing that's important was to make sure everyone was okay. But after realizing that the cougar was finished, Accufab found a bit of luck acquiring the new car. Nice thing about it is that we don't have to explain what type of car it is at races. And more sponsorships came inboard because we were back to a mustang chasis. But damn was that cougar aerodynamic! :chacha: but it's good to see John in an udpdated chasis.

Hey I see you brought some more Aussies to the site- the world of hp is coming together :cheers:

3. FoPar

alot of the guys here used the wastegate on the intercooler method also, though alot of our radial and small tyre boys either use the TurboSmart eBoost2 or AMS1000 the AMS is air controlled so it can hold the boost at any level and part of the track.

saw John ran a 6.23@231 this weekend, it is going great guns. wouldn't be surprised if we see an 6.1 possibly 6.0 run by the end of the year.

4. wildcardfox

Well he did a 6.19 in testing, so It wouldn't surprise me to see him put in a real low time.

5. Mike1965

Really nice build , any updates , keep up the good work this thing should fly . :2thumbs: :cheers:

6. FoPar

thanx, not much to report, just finishing off the rest of the plumbing. gearbox is being built as i type, should be finished before the end of the week :chacha: not in too much of a rush, don't have any testing opportunites till July, the drag season is ending here and the tracks aren't open for anything apart from street cars :bang:

7. FoPar

little update, gearbox is in. car is back at home, been busy with work etc so was hard to travel to work on it, so got her home. since last update, gearbox has been finished and put in, tried and fitted the 10.5's, tailshaft, traction control sensor etc all installed. hopefully now can hook in when get free time.
    10'' Neal Chance converter fit like a glove. have a nice .160'' clearance
    [​IMG]#ad

comparison shot from the 17'' slick to the 10.5W, even though the 10.5W is made to fit the 16'' rim, there is a big difference
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

12-point sensor for better resolution traction control
    [​IMG]#ad

new M/T Pro 5 16x16 wheels, much bling bling, starting to get some swagger :chacha:
    [​IMG]#ad

the girl is back home, it's sitting high atm and wheelie bars off so i could get her on the truck. she is a small girl, but the shape is growing on me more n more.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

the M/T fronts are a lil wider than the Hoosiers i had on. a change to 26x3.5'' M/T may be in order
    [​IMG]#ad

plenty of room 4.5'' to be exact
    [​IMG]#ad

love the 10.5's :2thumbs:
    [​IMG]#ad

8. Slo_240sx

Absolutely amazing!! I love the Mil-spec connectors, I use them alot at work. Great work, awesome numbers! :2thumbs:

9. wildcardfox

I loved the Accufab cougar, yours is running a close second in just badass style. I love the lines on this race car.

10. FoPar

thanx mate, makes things much neater.

sweet :chacha: i loved the Cougar as well, something about it. John offered it to me once after he smashed it, if i wasn't so far into this already i would have bought it :2thumbs: this car is built great only thing going against it is the wheelbase, its just under 100''

11. Mike1965

I love those wheels , this thang is out of control LOL , really it is going to be insane , i love it can't wait to see go down the track :cheers:

12. davidjalb

You sir, are my hero :bow:

13. FoPar

14. wantabe

you got a passenger seat it there? ;)

15. FoPar

:lh: wish i had d room. how about some time next year i swap ya rides for 1 meet after u put the UZ engine in urs and i put the good engine in this ;)

16. wantabe

you wouldn't handle the powah... ;)

17. PrecisionTurboMustang

I have been staring at this picture trying to figure out what is going on in it, lol.

18. MONTEGOD7SS

Two pics above it explains it, that's a DEEP wheel. The reflection is crazy, almost like a fun house at the fair.

19. FoPar

i like a roof above my head also ;) we are stepping up Joe's combo soon, 10-10.5:1 Comp, 67mm turbo's, 1/2 grout fill block. he wants 1500hp :2thumbs:

20. FoPar

as MONTEGOD7SS said, it's a 16''x16'' deep dish. got a crazy reflection from it, i liked it first time i saw it, i was like WTF. bit of a mindf**k ;)