1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Finally starting (the efi part) it runs!

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by furious70, Nov 29, 2008.

1. furious70

had the fury out trying to debug the pump noise more and noticed a big nasty arc from #5 plug wire to the header. Running the coil at 12v with the MSD sure makes more spark than a stock system on 9v! Not heat melted, but 2 cracks in the boot, disappointing since these are expensive magnecor wires. Taped the boot and stuck it back on and idle was better but it burned thru the elec. tape w/in a couple min. At least the problem is found with the idle surge. Funny how the efi makes a miss a surge rather than hearing a miss, since it's trying to compensate to keep the engine smooth.

Pump still making noise. I dumped more gas in so I'm near 1/2 tank. Verified that the pump doesn't need to suck the fuel, it runs out of the input line with the car level on the ground. The pump gets a little warm, but def. not hot, the fuel lines up in the engine compartment were actually cool to the touch after about 10min of running. I'm really at a loss, esp since it's a new pump.

2. furious70

so I looked at the FSM quick and I made a big mistake with the CA emissions system.....the diagram shows the crankcase vent going from the engine compartment into the separator in the trunk, not the tank, and then the separator would put liquid back in the tank. Looking at that, it looks like I plumbed my return to go THROUGH the separator, not understanding how that worked.
    I need to swap the rubber hoses to switch from sending the fuel into the separator to sending into 1 of the 4 vents.