1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

FAST XFI 2.0 - new features

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mtpturbo, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Olee Poole

My black box FAST XFI has firmware Rev. XFI2_56 DOM 08-17-09 Is there a update for it also?

Thanks!

2. TurboNova

Yes, there will be for all XFI units, RED or Black. The latest is arond the end of Jan from what I am hearing.

3. Olee Poole

Thanks for the info!

4. SvrdRam

Now, did I read the specs right. The new 2.0 has a progressive boost controller function?

5. TurboNova

Yes, 2.0 will have a time based boost controller. It will function %boost/time and will start when the trans break is let go. You can either use it as a percentage of the existing map sensor (50% of a 3 bar sensor would be 15psi) or you can run CO2 and a 0-100psi sensor (50% would be 50psi) on top of the gate. The starting point on the time line will be your launch boost.

6. SvrdRam

So looks like a can save a few bucks and hold off buying a ams500 for my street car. Should atleast have this thing reflashed first and try it out first? Anyone use the built in boost controller yet with much luck?