1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

fairmont 5 build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by denmah, Dec 30, 2014.

1. denmah

yep, little trick i learned from running out of spring all the time. haha

2. Forcefed86

Still using the yellow washer fluid with the glycol in it? How much nozzle did you use this time? Do I see 2 nozzles? Using the MS to PWM the meth pump? Or just have it come on at "X" boost?

3. jemachine

Great to see the dyno numbers. Awesome, cant wait to see some track numbers:2thumbs:

4. BlownShovel

Well done M Well done - Simple and effective

5. riceca

Man that thing is making some steam Matt. Well done! Love the updates.

6. Turbwo

:2thumbs:Very cool!

7. SVO Jack

Kick ass car! Love your builds.

8. hpbob

Hi Matt,

Great build as usual! Been off this site since 2012 so now just got back into the hobby need to get caught up in latest technology for LS/MS build. Im going to build a junkyard 5.3, 06 or later pistons and rods, cam, maybe 317's home ported heads, pac springs, car intake, built turbo 400 n brake, 12 bolt, maybe 3.23 gears, caltracs, 72 chevy nova, 3200 lbs me in it. Goal is very streetable, street/strip low 9's or maybe even high 8's in quarter, 5's in 1/8th if possible with similar combo to this one. Micro squirt or MS3, however its my 1st fuel injected MS build. So maybe Im better off with MS1 and LS ignition timing box. Still deciding which MS to use. Read tons on tuning a map sensored fuel injected car with fuel flow maps at different loads etc., tps, iat, coolant temp, wide band o2's, map sensor etc in my Fuel injection tuning books. Dont all 3 of these MS controllers data log runs on a laptop?

Im looking for your exact specs on the build if its ok. What turbo GT45? (excuse my ignorance of the turbo specs, been off site awhile dont even know specs on that one yet, feeling rusty! lol) What heads did ya use? Home ported? Cam specs on that trick flow cam? What trans, mods? stall of trans brake? Rear gears?

I just bought a 72 nova, will be 3000 lbs (with motor), with 12 bolt rear, fiber glass hood, racing seats, no rear seat, 8 point cage, being shipped to CA From FL but has an Ohio title! lol

Cause of sucky stringent smog laws in cali I cant drop a 5.3 LM7 LS motor into anything newer than a 1975 car, So I have to LS a lightened pre- 75 muscle car like this and basically denmah/sloppy mechanics/tire fryin style drive train turbo it! This is a budget junk yard as fast as I can go on your great lower buck methods build! lol Been watching your great builds and cars on these sites for years! Thanks for any advice and direction for drive train, turbo specs and controller build. Gonna bring your sloppy mechanics style to cali bro! lol Im amazed all these high buck snobby yellow bullet type pukes out here at the tracks in cali when they see my low buck turbo build beating em at the track! My roller nova was 5k, hope to do the rest of the build with maybe about 4 or 5k max. Also any updates on this car? :thumbsup: Thanks any help and updates on this car bro! hpbob