1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Exhaust pictures

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by turbocoronet, May 31, 2010.

1. turbocoronet

Here are some pics of the old exhaust with the HP manifolds. The wastegates were both divorced back then. Now using shorty headers and only one wastegate.

500 turbo 002.JPG #ad

500 turbo 015.JPG #ad

500 turbo 019.JPG #ad

500 turbo 021.JPG #ad

DSCF1362.JPG #ad

DSCF1363.JPG #ad

DSCF1364.JPG #ad

DSCF4535.JPG #ad

DSCF4536.JPG #ad

DSCF4537.JPG #ad

2. furious70

So.....is that old manifold setup complete still and do you have any use for it? :)

3. turbofreek

Is it a b or an rb motor?

4. 93yelLE

:dito:

I don't need the 'setup' though, just some good manifolds for a restoration. Nice car, btw.

5. furious70

B or rb wouldn't matter to me, and I think we've got some HP manifolds laying around, the 'setup' is the interesting part to me.

6. turbofreek

if its a b block is like to get it. If its an rb I can use it, but may like to have the manifold myself.

7. furious70

While I didn't say 'dibs' in my first post, I believe my first post qualifies as 'dibs' for this yet-to-be-determined-wheter-it-is-for-sale-set-of-pipes-that-would-bolt-right-into-my-coronet-with-my-tv73

:)

8. turbofreek

no, your good. I just like the manifolds. Don't think it would fit my a body, but manifolds would. I like the headers with a cleaner look to me.

9. furious70

Those manifolds aren't that hard to come by, unless you need date coded ones and/or working heat riser and shield.

10. turbocoronet

It is an RB engine but the piping used on the HP manifolds has been chopped up for use on the new setup.
    Someone was interested in pictures of the new exhaust routing under the K member so I will try to get these done tonight.

11. turbofreek

that was me wanting the pics :D

12. RS377

I walked into the crappiest pick and pull last weekend and found a pair on the first dodge truck I set eyes upon. That was the only set, but it was much harder finding DSM parts.....

13. turbocoronet

Turbofreek here are the pictures.
    The mini starter has to used for these headers. I tried the short body starter from a small block but it still would not fit.
    The car picture shows the stance so you can get a comparison to the ground clearance.
    With the tires in picture and 75lbs. in the trunk the car has run 11.80's @ 124mph with a 2.2 60' time. A lot of people are suprised how fast the "grampa" looking car can go.

DSC06957.JPG #ad

DSC06961.JPG #ad

DSC06962.JPG #ad

DSC06963.JPG #ad

DSC06965.JPG #ad

DSC06967.JPG #ad

14. turbofreek

Those pics answered an awful lot of questioned I've had rattling in my head for a while. I truly appreciate your help. I think with my b block being narrower I wont have to dimple a tube like you did. I don't know if its going to hurt me at the collector though? My initial idea was to run a pipe from each side back under the k member. Then merge them together in front on the drivers side to fit a large frame turbo. It looks to me it is going to work, but being I lowered the car some. I may have to snuggled the pipes up a little more then yours. :2thumbs:

15. furious70

Boy that does fit pretty nice....gives me some ideas too. The moroso pan in my Coronet hangs lower than that, so the pipes would not be troublesome. This setup might even work in my Fury....

16. moparjoe66

correct p/n for the hedman 1 3/4 primary shorty to 2 1/2 is 78070. crazy looking but works

17. furious70

Could you measure how far down those shorties extend from the bottom of the head flange to their lowest point, then how far back that lowest point is from the center line of the head, and then how far out from the block the exit is? Thanks!

18. turbofreek

Thy show thy work with e and b bodies. I don't think thy will work on a narrow a body? Need to find some HP manifolds now

19. furious70

Ya, I'm asking for my Fury. I know guys who run the shorties in C's, but nobody who has tried to bend the exhaust back up and around :p

20. moparjoe66