1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Draw Through VS Blow Through

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Tx_Cat, Oct 16, 2007.

1. MagicBus

I have done MANY blow through setups, and never once had these issues you speak of... I would never put up with these issues, and personally have never experienced anything outside of perfect drive a bility ( most of the time, a much smoother idle then factory stock).

I suppose it boils down to your tuner, and MAF setup... Both of which will give you your final outcome on how well it works out.

2. fearsjohn

i agree i went to blow thru and driveability is better. the car has not even been on the dyno for a tune with the new blow thru it has a tune that i did in it. and why recirculate the air just vent it to atmosphere, that is what i do.

3. Joe Lynch

I"ve done it both ways on the same car. I had a 2400 SCT meter in draw through and the blow off dumped in between the meter and the compressor. On closing the throttle, the BOV dump would back flow enough to cause the MAF signal to kick up and add fuel, killing the engine. I had a good signal at part throttle and driveability was OK except when coasting down. I did a PMAS meter in a custom push through tube near the throttle body and downstream of the BOV and fixed everything. And the signal is still excellent.

I have tuned Procharged cars with SCT blow throughs and got them running perfectly. I haven't tried a LMAF in a blow through. Orientation and location is critical on a blow though. Given the choice, I would go blow through with a PMAS meter on a high horsepower car and put it in a tube big enough to keep it in range without any external range device like a Mafia.

Joe