1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Discussion: What got you into turbos?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by TTF/Ken, Nov 4, 2014.

1. TDmkr496

Saw an article in Car Craft, guy had a 67 Camaro, back halved car, BBC, twin turbos with a carb and was running mid eights and was driving it on the street. I was hooked, at the time my Chevelle had big cam, big compression and two kits and was running low 9's. I wanted to drive mine on the street again but still be that fast, the rest is history.

2. 99TTGT

work on different speed shops for over 22 years .
    we have try different combinations in different engines over that period of time.

The Turbo combo have proven it self to be best setup over all

3. leeperryracing

started with nitrous, $45 a pop for refills got old quick along with along with the stupid gadgets for keeping bottle temps optimal. Tried a d1-sc procharger next and between slipping belts and junk head units, here i am twin turboed....best of the three by far power and streetability wise, ill never build another sbc/ls without a turbo now!

4. MidmoJoe

Everyone wants to be a street hero for pocket change, and there simply is no easier way than eBay turbos and a disposable 350”.

5. flyinhillbilly

It was an hour drive one way to get a bottle filled, and as soon as I got back with it it was generally hooked up and turned on. Turbos we’re really a matter of convenience for me.
    A friend turned me on to this site when dinosaurs still roamed the earth and this place was called turbo mustangs.com
    I read until my eyes bled, and then read some more. I’ve lost count of the number of turbo things I’ve built, and am working on another now.

6. 91turboterror

I was inspired to turbo my mustang after seeing a 1400hp bbc turbo notch street car at a car show I used to go to weekly. I soon became friends with the owner. My first drive I was definitely hooked after kicking the car sideways at 60mph just rolling into the throttle without downshifting.The torque is ridiculous. Nothing better than the sound of a turbo v8.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  7. mld54

A friends older brother had a twin turbo late model Hemi drag boat, that I got a ride in. Another friend took me for a ride in a T-Type. I was sold.