1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

CXRacing Turbo Kit Purchase

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by juniorkv, Apr 5, 2013.

1. juniorkv

Hi All, it's been a few years since I posted on this thread. Had a few kids and well, the Mustang got sidetracked. To update, I have completed the hardware install for the Turbo. Over the 4th weekend I installed the Megasquirt PNP2 and wideband O2 sensor etc. Got a start up with a base tune on first turn of the key. Went in to Tuner Studio and then made some setting adjustments, but haven't had a chance to start it again with the updated settings. I've been working on the Mustang little by little, getting everything done from battery relocation to upgrading wiring etc. I will get some pictures up soon.

The extended time it's taking me to finish this install has nothing to do with the kit that i purchased. It's just finding the time to work on the car is my problem.

2. juniorkv

Update. I finished everything. I had the Megasquirt tuned and the turbo DUMPED oil during the tune. Pooled oil in the Y-Pipe. Called Cx Racing and they sent me a rebuild kit (pretty stand up since it's been 7 years since I bought it). This kit has not been run for more than an hour and the tune session. After I called Cx Racing I went online and ordered a Borg Warner S300 66mm .91 AR turbo. Got it in the mail and sent the Compressor and Turbine housings to Jet-Hot for coating. While the housings were being coated I called Hellion and ordered one of the last Heat (made in the USA dammit) kits they have for the Fox Mustang. Whole kit minus the turbo. Last week I removed the entire Cx Racing kit and when my wife found out, got the riot act read to me. BUT IT'S WORTH IT!

My MS PNP2 is tuned for an idle and mild drive. Will install the Hellion when it comes and be on my way to the Tuner for a dyno tune. I will never buy performance parts made in China again. Side note, ordered long tubes for my Vette. Didn't blink once when I hit the order button on Kooks website. Made in NC! Done. Those headers and Xpipe are also sitting with Jet-Hot right now getting a nice heat coating.

I guess I'll start a new thread when the Hellion is installed and I have the dyno done. No point in a build thread, I think I got one of the last ones they have and they aren't making anymore Fox kits from what they said. The Cx Racing kit is dead.

3. B E N

Nothing wrong with starting a build thread, turbo piping is just one small part of the puzzle and there are plenty of people who might be unable to build that part themselves. Everyone loves a build thread.