1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

CX Racing Hotside

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by fatblockabody, Feb 18, 2013.

1. 91turboterror

That sucks no answer from Ponydown. There stuff fits & comes with a downpipe & is reasonably priced. Out of business???

2. killacal

Good info here, subscribing for any long-term results (i.e. does the CX kit crack/fall apart after 6 months or hold up fairly well)

3. Ghosthorse

any up date on this build, are the headers holding up, any cracking or issues yet. Thanks Ghosthorse

4. Turbo-Box

I've been running mine for about 3 months now and so far, so good.

5. Ghosthorse

do you drive the car a lot like a street car or is it more of a weekend cruzer or track car. as i just bought the same CX hot side, getting ready to do a street/strip car.

6. Turbo-Box

I drive mine just about every day, weather permitting.

7. Ghosthorse

Thanks for the info Turbo-box. we are still waiting on a few parts to get started with on the turbo set up on the SN 95....
    I hope to start the build soon. Time and money are issues.when I have the time I dont have the money and when I have the money I dont have the time....

8. vcoupe

I wonder if a t4 s475 will fit in that space of this hotside?

9. fatblockabody

I'm running a T4 Turbonetics T72 .96 AR without issue.

10. Turbo-Box

I've got an on-center .81 turbonetics T-76 and it's pretty close to the alternator.

11. bigt_45

S475 is a big girl

12. vcoupe

After some consideration, I went ahead and ordered this kit and the VS racing china 7876 turbo.

13. Uglystang

I've been running the cx racing twin gt35 kit for about 6 months. The only issue I had was the wastegate mount cracked on the header, I called and told them they sent out a new one only charged me shipping and I got to keep cracked one which is now a spare header since it was repaired. And we are now in the process of changing flanges to T4 and putting on 2 T72 turbos. So far the hot side has done well.

14. vcoupe

Just wanted to check if anyone had any problems with v-band flanges, I am going to use rps clamps but the flanges look pretty flat and true.

15. Turbo-Box

I have the one that came on the passenger side header on there still. So far no problems. I switched the driver's side one to a RPS V-band when I rebuilt the crossover pipe.

16. vcoupe

Turbo-box you said you had to clearance the flanges for spark plugs is that bc you have gt-40p heads?

17. Turbo-Box

I have windsor Sr's. No idea how they would fit with P heads.

18. vcoupe

Sorry for the confusion.

19. Blowthru89

The cx kit is a decent kit to start with, and most of these kits will, accomplish what your after, and just like anything else, you get what you pay for, I've had the whole spectrum, from the $400 kits all the way up to the $10.000 outlaw renegade stuff, and building them myself.
    If your making 2000+ hp, then you may be worried about fitment, undercuts and pulse width change in the tubing and headers, but if your on the street that stuff is a non issue unless your just anal about certain things, the big picture is to buy what you can afford, and bolt it up and have fun, I burned myself out worried about every little detail, and it became a headache instead of enjoying my hobby.
    So bolt it up, use what you can afford to lose, and have a blast, it is after all, what we all try to do.

20. blue-boost

Old thread but how did these headers work out? I'm looking into a set but looking for more real world feedback.

bridal-shoal