1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

CX Racing Hotside

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by fatblockabody, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Adoogie3

Looks good. Ill be keeping an eye on this thread. I still haven't found a hotside yet. Curious of Turbo placement on the vehicle

2. fatblockabody

If you're looking for bolt and go I would be breaking out the KY Jelly for your wallet....

3. Adoogie3

I have fabrication skills as im a millwright by trait over 15yrs. No jelly here lol. But it would be nice to see a bolt and go hotside. That other one they sell on eBay is fugly. This one looks cleaner. Looks good just wondering about Turbo placement. Get er done and report back. Your work is appreciated.

4. BoostedBadBoy

Ebay your not going to find a full kit unless its one of the big brand names that yes, break out the KY cuz your gonna get fucked for it, but it will fit. Or something that someone already had bolted up and pulled off and selling it. CX and Treadstone, and On3 are the only Ebay brands that come close to bolt up design but as you read from many of the threads here, not a great way to go. CX seems to be the best option in that route, but as you stated you want a bolt and go. You can buy one but it won't be cheap.. and if its cheap.. then it won't be easy.. lol Gotta pick your poison brotha. CXracing, would probably be best option in fitting and lack of failures and to have a DP made, isn't that expensive at all, really isn't anymore than having exhaust put on. But yeah I agree, I wanna hear his experiences with the bolt up and fitting.

5. Adoogie3

This kit from cxracing seems close to the on3 stuff but in 304 ss. On3 said they'd sell me a hotside when they have extras laying around from a broken up kit.
    Thought about waiting but this setup seems close to the on3 setup. Im just wondering about Turbo placement. This might be a great foundation. Im extremely interested in fatblockabody fitment results. Noone at cxracing could give me pictures of this header setup on a car plumbed.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  6. Adoogie3

http://www.treadstoneperformance.co...ngle Turbo Kit 87-93 Mustang (Hot parts only)
    This kit is available for 499.00 with a 3" downpipe included and has v band clamps.

1 year warranty and better return policy. Its closer to me as well since im on east coast.

No ky jelly here.

7. BoostedBadBoy

Read about Treadstone hotside parts in why not use cheap 304 Stainless steel because thats the exact kit that very thread was started over. Its a sticky that won't ever go anywhere, they use good turbo parts etc. Turbonics and all that, but the hotside itself while looks nice, not quality at all. On3 is mild... CX might be SS but honestly, if its done right and not thin walled etc.. it holds up just fine, I have the cheap Ebay TT deal on my 306 sbf with zero issues as far as metal fatigue. Did I have to try to make the kit fit? Ummmm yes and no, it wasn't that the kit really didn't fit, its the dumbass vendor from Eworld that knew nothing about what they were selling, and slapped a kit together, and sent the wrong shit out in the first place because they were a third person party. CX its coming from CX from what I understand. On3 yeah, not coming from OH like Chad claims.. lol

8. Adoogie3

Well I don't want to hack this guys thread much more. Pm me if you have any good threads on treadstone claiming garbage. I will always welcome good info.

9. Turbo-Box

I have the CX hot side mocked up on my car right now. It fits pretty good. I think I'm going to build a new crossover pipe because I'm not impressed with the ball flange and the flex joint. Still have to build a downpipe, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

10. Adoogie3

Please post up pics if you could

11. fatblockabody

I'll be doing mockup in a week or two as well.

12. madspeed

ive heard of guys cutting out the flex joint and ball and socket and just welding in tubing

13. Turbo-Box

The flex joint doesn't look too bad actually. I'm going to replace the ball flange and run it.

14. jaredsamurai

If there is braiding on the inside, I'd cut it out if you can get to it. Thats the part that usually fails.

15. Turbo-Box

No braiding on the inside, which surprised me. It has the bellows.

16. juniorkv

Hey all, I'm new to the Turbo scene. I've been looking at CXRacing and planning on buying their kit. It now appears to have long tubes (or longer tubes than shorties) and comes up around the PS pump and then down and across under the crank pulley. Has anyone who posted earlier had any further progress installing their CXRacing hotside? I too have a Fox (93 notchback). I understand the turbo is Chinese and will run it till the seals or bearings blow and then replace with a quality U.S. made unit. Just looking to get the hotside and IC plumbing set up and CX seems to have a good layout. I've spoken to them a few times on the phone and they seem pretty knowledgeable about their product.

17. Turbo-Box

Ok, so I have the headers installed on my car. The headers fit great, but that's about it. The crossover is COMPLETELY wrong when installed on a car. The right side part of it is about 3" too long so it hangs down way too low. The driver's side header has the collector outlet down almost at the same level as the steering rack. The pipe has to do about a 120 degree bend back up to meet the other half of the crossover, which doesn't fit to begin with. The bolt on the V-band clamp on the right side header isn't long enough to connect the crossover to it.

I've already ordered the bends and V-bands to build a new crossover. I'm going to cut the driver's side collector back and reduce it down to a 2.5" V-band. Right now it's 3". I'll get some pics later this week.

18. nj636

so basically invest the $425 into a welder & cut off wheel & have a better fitting hot side is what your saying?

19. juniorkv

20. stangman9897

Kinda like women , just because they look good doesn't mean they are. :smiley:

bridal-shoal