1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Crank End Play -Help MMR

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by stangman9897, May 23, 2009.

1. stangman9897

I want to buy the bearings were he won't use cheap house brand.

small 001.JPG #ad

small 2 001.JPG #ad

2. 10secgoal

If it were, mine, I'd still wait to make sure nothing has to be re-ground or polished first though. Suck to buy the wrong bearings. :noidea:

3. 281tt

hey man... sorry to hear that.. i ALWAYS run clevite bearings in my motors. i would want nothing reground. if they messed up its THEIR fault. all new parts.

4. stangman9897

Finally got two pic's up, first pic's i ever posted what a bunch of shit. First it said my pic's were to large wtf had to read the book on the camera to find out how to resize the image. Im old school never used a computer till 2004 and you know what they say about teaching an old dog new tricks. Anyway thats what my #5 thrust bearing looked like.

5. stangman9897

Well i guess the rest of my thrust bearing is here, i wonder what got past the screen ? :feedback:

small 3 001.JPG #ad

6. Ten5TBird

Who in the hell built that thing? I'm in Houston too. PM me if you don't want to post it up on here.

7. stangman9897

8. 99TTGT

Houston Performance?

9. 99TTGT

$1000 sounds about right. For pulling the mootr out & stick it back in.

I built motor for a living , if you need any help let me know .
    I am in DFW Texas

10. stangman9897

He told me today it would be 800.00 to pull and put it back in. 99ttgt i did find my upper thrust it was so thin i didn't see it at first so what made this eat up the bearing.?? It just hammered the shit out of it and ate the thrust face on the crank too.I guess you can tell new on top old on bottom. And no not houston proformance wouldn't take a dog to them.!

bearings 006.JPG #ad

bearings 008.JPG #ad

11. stangman9897

Well hell it been sense may 23 when my motor ate the thrust bearing, got a call today my motor is done and sent to be balanced and will get it wednesday and i hope in about ten days i will have a turbo car that is no longer on jackstands and on the street. :2thumbs: I was three days away from turning it over to my lawer when he called.

12. one eyed willy

well thats good news,hopefully it is all good this time,good luck!

13. stangman9897

Thanks man its been a long and hard ride but looks like its came to an end.

14. Mikes001GT

Did you ever find out the cause of the thrust bearing failure?

15. stangman9897

Spec 5 clutch pushing on the crank.

16. Mikes001GT

Wow that sucks man, How do you make sure your clutch isnt pushing against the crank, I have a spec 3 in mine now, And all the bearing failures ive been reading about is starting to scare me.

17. stangman9897

He told me that as soon as he looked at the short block he said it was a transmission issue, I asked what do you mean he said you guys bolt glides to these mod motors with high stalls and a brake and the thrust can't handle the load. I told him nice try im running a viper spec T56 then he said my input shaft could be to long pushing on the back of the crank. I called D&D and got the shaft spec's and checked mine and it was with in .010 so thats not it then asked me what type of clutch i was running told him a spec 5 he said a #5 is for track use only and NOT for street use to much pressure on the crank. That one i will buy the clutch came in the car when i bought it and hated that peice of shit from day one its a full on or off clutch, you could not even hold the dam thing in at a red light unless your rambo. You need to see what it did to the flywheel it had blue heat marks all over it, looked like somebody shot it with hot buck shot. I would say live and learn BUT im not the dumb ass that put the clutch in the car to start with so i guess i would call it THATS LIFE.

18. Mikes001GT

Thanks for the explanation, A situation like a clutch tearing up a new motor on me would upset the s**t outta me. Good luck with it this time around, glad to hear you got it taken care of ;)

19. 10secgoal

Wow. Never heard of a clutch that strong to wide out a bearing like that. I could be wrong though. What about a twin disc ? I think I even saw one in the classifieds here a little while ago.

20. stangman9897

Bought a Mcleod RST twin disk five months ago while i have been fighting with him to fix the motor. Looks like its one nice peice of work can't wait to put it in. They did not tell me you need there flywheel and would not bolt up to a ford flywheel that was 400.00 more so i have 1200.00 in a dam clutch. Dam thing better work. Want to go auto Disney wanted to trade his TH400 for my T56 i don't know if he's still down for it or not. I told him i wanted to have it gone through first, i didn't want to trade a member something that wasn't 100%.The guy is going to start on it this week.