1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Compressed air anti lag

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by blue-boost, Oct 21, 2019.

1. tbird

Like I said, sized for the application.
    Yes in my experience, cams play in where the turbo comes up. If the motor aint ready to work , the turbo wont.

2. TurboII

Turbosmart has developed some new valves that are specifically for anti-lag and are available now. I would give them a good look before doing anything sketchy.

Pro-SC likes this.
  3. tbird

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  4. Pro-SC

That’s gotta be a good deal on a stick car, especially if you use the clutch to shift.

5. bobhatton

6. newaza

The compressed air system in the exhaust works and works well. I am the one who built and tested this on a 99 miata and posted on miataturbo.net. I have had this system up and running since late 2017. No adverse effects to turbo so far. The car is only a 1.8 liter 4 cylinder that is street driven regularly and has run a best of 6.88 at 107.86 in the 1/8th so far. That is boost only and no nitrous although the car also has nitrous. I recently upgraded to hoosier dr2's so this time will be improved for sure. I will also be testing with the nitrous at the track soon. Will most likely be only using jetted for a 35 shot or maybe a 50 shot. I have tested with the nitrous on the street from 40mph and up and have gotten some data with the dragy gps device. The compressed air system spools the turbo better than a 50shot of nitrous on my car.

Marshall

tbird likes this.