1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

check out noobies ride... after 2 years it finally lives!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by stangboy86, Jun 18, 2008.

1. stangboy86

2. stangboy86

went from the dyno to the track...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3. stangboy86

oh and the car weighs 2960 and 3115 with me in it.. i took advantage of the scale at the track :2thumbs:

4. Briansshop

Dam nice Pete. Im jealous! Congrats.

5. blown385

Very nice .

No video ? :(

6. stangboy86

first pass

second pass

didnt get the 9.49 pass on the in car or the outside vids :doh:

notice how long im on that 6100 limiter... i didnt bring the laptop so i couldnt raise the limiter :bang:

7. stangboy86

big thanks to my friend chris for making this video

&list=UUUXxWgVfxGjzjceh-_6oPIQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/url]

this is his car..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

&feature=BFa&list=UUUXxWgVfxGjzjceh-_6oPIQ[/url]

8. Chris91LX

Congrats! Glad to see it getting down. Looks like you got some left in it. ;)

9. stangboy86

thanks for the compliments guys... dave i posted some vids for ya, brian dont worry you got what it takes to get in the nines, chris yessir we are only scratching the surface here.. notice the boost gauge.. :D

10. stangboy86

Two full seasons plus... countless sub nine sec runs..and no real complaints. This year engine gets freshened up.. new heads due to crack in a water jacket that i thought was a weeping head gasket for the last three years .. decided on afr205's new derale 4000cfm fan and contemplating changing my 3" crossover and merge to 2.5" to save space and possibly help with spool. Also i have trouble making over 13 psi and this year im looking to push it to 20 psi so i really need to get that sorted out.. no exhaust leaks and i put the heaviest spring in my 60mm jgs wastegate.. i guess next move is to unplug the vacuum port and see if i can get the boost to climb that way. All in all i drive the hell out of this car and have so much fun with it. Cant wait to get the suspension dialed in.. best 60' so far was 1.55.. trapped 148 consistently since i raised the rev limiter from 6100 to 6400.. may need to switch to a 3:08 gear in favor of the 3:27 gear.. no room for taller tire and still on the limiter going through the traps

11. stangboy86

12. stangboy86

13. stangboy86

14. archy355

awesome videos man. i go to lebanon and ive never seen either car, hopefully next year i can catch you guys up there. oh and that road is a thing of beauty hahaha. looks like it was a damn good event.

15. stangboy86

Last year I was at Lebanon almost every weekend. This year I just didn't have time to go. Next year I'm planning on turning up the wick..

16. stangboy86