1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Change in Plan! Need info on A.R.

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by CUUDAK, Oct 20, 2010.

1. moparjoe66

2. rdakota340

I am curious, is the Dart in your avatar yours?
    [/quote]

No this one I found in North Carolina a few months back!

3. CUUDAK

My buddy is back in town so I will be picking up the old cracked 383 and use it for mock-up purposes. Gonna take the K-frame, upper control arms and spindles to the media blaster.
    Getting started real soon!!

4. rdakota340

That's good I am waiting to see where everything is going and it's good I am waiting till after Jan. to get my motor stuff so I want be waiting for parts so much I got vacation in a week and it will be spent working on the suspenion and crap like you . :chacha:

5. CUUDAK

Well,
    No word on the 400 yet so no pistons! I did get a deal on Custom Diamond pistons for $720.00 but haven't heard if the block checked out after boring .060 over. Machinist was suppose to call me after he sonic checked the cylinders?? Right!! Still waiting on back-ordered rods. :bah:

I did get the K-frame and control-arms blasted and all the seams welded up solid. Got the upper & lower ball-joints, installed the uppers but waiting on the polyuerthane bushings. I will get them painted tomorrow and ready to install. Once this is done I picked up the old cracked 383 for mock-up so I can continue the process of getting all the piping tacked up and the bracket made for the turbo and figure how the hell this 5" DP is gonna exit. :bang:

Pulled the 440 out Tuesday and it is sitting on the floor waiting to get pickled and shoved under the bench.. I will get some pics posted here and FABO later!

6. rdakota340

I did not think it would be so hard to get rods and poistons for stock stroke :eek:

7. CW25

Yeah it is a real pain to get anything for those motors. I went with a 440 rod length because I was going to have to wait on the stock length.

8. CUUDAK

Waiting has become the norm on this build. I almost lost interests in it. My Pops comes over and strikes fire under my ass and gets me out in the shop. I guess I need the motivation.

Already met my "budget"and exceeded that. I have everything but the parts to convert the 850 Holley sitting on the bench and a few engine parts like .600 lift valvesprings, oil pump and billet timing set.

I need a good used MSD distributor for the low deck.

9. Mad Dart

Already? BS get your arseeeeee out there and get going on the Mock Up!! haaaaaaaaa :welder:

10. CUUDAK

No word on 400 or the rods soooooo,
    The 440 is on the ground and the front-end is disassembled and the spool mount k-frame has been blasted and painted. All new ball-joints and just got the Poly front-end kit yesterday. Installing all the poly stuff in the suspension now. Should have this done and back in the car by the weekend. Here are a few pics,

progress 003.JPG #ad

progress 002.JPG #ad

progress 004.JPG #ad

progress 005.JPG #ad

11. rdakota340

Hell ya looking good :cheers:

12. TurboDakota440

It looks like you have the mount inserts with both thick ends in one mount and both thin ends in the other.

13. CUUDAK

Yeah,
    my nephew trying to learn new things. He is green! Lol! Fixed it though!

14. CUUDAK

K-frame is in and will finish installing the rest of the front suspension tomorrow. Then the mock-up block goes in to begin fabbing hotside. Will post pics tomorrow evening. :welder:

15. CUUDAK

Ok,
    Front-end is done except for the D@mn Sway-bar. End-links are gonna have to be really short or else they will hit the calipers.

LoL!!!
    Look at those "REDNECK" Brimbo calipers!!

Dropping the mock-up block in it in the morning then the fun/frustration begins...

suspension 001.JPG #ad

suspension 002.JPG #ad

suspension 003.JPG #ad

16. CUUDAK