1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cast Twin Turbo manifolds for LSx's

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Matty B, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Robert1320

Yes.

2. Transamthunder

Most of the ideas I was given was to flip around some truck manifolds from a 6 liter. They can hold massive amounts of turbo power. Wheel 2 Wheel does that for all their lower priced builds, and it is a durable materiel. I think even the Ohio boys with their CETA TA was running that set up too and they was using a 98 mm turbo.

3. slow67

Yeah, the ohio boys are in the 7's with truck manifolds...

4. xssive99

Flipped truck manifolds are proven and cheap. You can get the mating flanges from stainless works

5. Matty B

I decided to just build a pair out of sch 40 tubing. I checked just for shts and giggles and a flipped header setup will not work on a chevelle, hell probably wont work on any car built in the 60's because the steering box sits right in front of the driver side manifold when facing forward. I tacked the headers up and handed them to a professional welder and Im waiting for them to be finished. All in all finished product will be about 400 bucks for materials and labor for the welder. Not bad IMO