1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cartech SN95 Outlaw T64

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by ronlp, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Snipe656

Yeah your stock H-pipe is not going to work on any single turbo kit out there, can work on some of the twins though.

2. ronlp

:confused: Don't understand :confused:

That's about where the filter was when the CAI was installed. Made a slight sucking sound.

3. Snipe656

I know Chris was talking about having problems with air turbulances hitting the filter and causing odd ball problems with the mass air sensor. Maybe he had no fog light or something that increased the air flow to that spot.

4. GT_4_FUN

Ron,

Do you have more pics of your installation showing how the plumbing goes? If you like, please email me.

I just got a kit coming to me and I would like to get an idea how it goes together.

Thanks,
    Craig

5. ronlp

It's kinda hard to see installed in the car, but in THIS THREAD I posted some pics that Preston e-mailed me. They show how all the important stuff mounts.

6. GT_4_FUN

Ron,
    Thanks,
    Craig

7. mclfln

ron,
    any updates?

8. ronlp

Not really. I've had the car out for a few quick trips since it's been painted, but it won't see much time out of the garage till spring when all the salt and cinder is off the roads. It'll never see rain again.

I've got the injectors -- just saving up for the AEM so I can install them and switch to speed density.

But overall the car runs fine. We'll see what happens in spring when I can start beating on it. :D

9. red ink

DO u have to mess with the smog for the outlaw kit?

10. Mental Addiction

The Cartech Outlaw will clear your stock smog pump.

11. scubastang5

Beau - a few questions on the sn95 outlaw kit.

Would it be wise as I have 42#ers to eliminate the FMU and save some $$ (how much do you save). Is a MAF/chip included in the kit, and if for example a univer is calibrated for 42#ers and utilized, is it easily installed on the kit (meaning no fabing?).

Also the what do you think about the whole idea that stainless is not ideal for a non weekend car becasue of its supposid prone to cracking. Does Cartech even offer a mild steel version of the hot side and how much $$ do you save?

Thanks for any help ron or Beau

:cool:

12. scubastang5

also what heads will this kit fit?

What is needed for it to fit lets say TW high ports?

13. Snipe656

You know by the time you price out a mass air meter and a chip, you might as well consider getting something like an AEM from Beau that comes with a little bit of free tuning if I remember right.

A bit of your answers can be had on the Cartech page for that kit:

http://www.cartech.net/fordturbosn95.htm

Shows a deduction if you want mild steel and no FMU and some other things. As far as stainless not lasting on the street, look at all the TTI kits and Cartech ones that have been used for years and years on the street most with no cracks ever happening. Stainless not lasting on the street is a myth IMHO, if it does not last then a strong chance it was not properly done in the first place.

I know on other Cartech kits you just tell them what heads you are running so they can build the kits with the proper flanges and so on. I'd guess you could run this one with any head so long as they know what you have at time of ordering/building.

I'd eliminate the FMU and get 42lb injectors.

14. MastaOfDisasta

Hey sorry for bringing this thread up, but I got a question on the quote.

If you cut it to fit to the y pipe, will that take away any sound or power from the x or h pipe or will it still perform good?

1 more thing off subject, if I get the Outlaw kit, will the headers fit my 95 even though it is an automatic?

Thanks all.

15. CrazyHorse

If you cut it, it wont take away any power, however, the car will be alot quieter with the turbo. And yes you can use the Outlaw kit from Cartech with an automatic. Thats one of the decisions I had to make.

Crazyhorse ( T67E Outlaw 95)

16. MastaOfDisasta

So the turbo makes the car quiet no matter what type of muffler you have?

Let's say you have a turbo car with a pair of Dynomax mufflers and another turbo car has a pair of magnaflows. Will there be any noticable sound difference between the two?

17. ronlp

The turbo kinda acts like a muffler and sorta deadens the sound.

For example, I drove my car for a while with an open downpipe. Literally dumped right at the firewall....no exhaust what so ever. It didn't exactly sound good (except at WOT), but it really wasn't that loud if you were easy on the throttle. Feathering the throttle, I was able to drive right past cops and not even get a look. You could never think of doing that with an NA car.

I was originally going to get a Magnaflow system as they seem to sound really good on NA cars, but thought it would be too quiet (for my taste) with the turbo, so I just ordered the SLP Loud Mouth catback. You can't buy a more free flowing full exhaust since it has no mufflers. :D

18. MastaOfDisasta

SLP Loud Mouth catback huh? Strange I've never heard of them before. Is the company called SLP?

Would you happen to have any links or clips of it?
    How much was this all together?

Thanks.

19. ronlp

SLP is the company that has been making GM TPI/LT1/LS1 parts for like 20 years, as well as the Firehawk, Camaro SS, etc. They have always been known for top quality parts, especially sice their direct involvement with the OE GM stuff. They have now started making some Mustang stuff since the F-body market will surely dwindle now that they don't exist anymore.

The EXHAUST is all 304 stainless, uses straight-thru resonators in place of mufflers, and uses all band clamp connections so the pipes don't crush. The reviews I've read have all been very positive on quality, fit/finish, etc.

I think there are sound clips on
    Mustang Exhaust, but it will sound different through the turbo.

I ordered it through Stangnet's Partshopper. It was $414 total to the door (only $4.95 S/H), which is pretty decent considering the price of stainless these days. Right in line with the better prices on Magnaflow.

20. MastaOfDisasta

Seems like a good deal to me.
    Are they even more free flowing than the Magnaflows and the Dynomax systems?

How is the sound like at idle, crusing and at WOT?
    Is there any drone?

How would you rate it in a scale from 1 to 10?
    Any pros/cons about the system?

Thanks.

bridal-shoal