1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cartech SN95 Outlaw T64

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by ronlp, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Snipe656

That Outlaw SN95 kit would work on a Fox as well, someone else on this board got one for their Fox.

2. MastaOfDisasta

The kit looks great, just a couple of questions.

Do you guys have any experience with the Sleeper System?

I was thinking about getting that because I want power but not insane power. Will the street system give me some VERY good horsepower gains or should I get the outlaw kit?

Any input would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Snipe656

Look around the board there are a few SN95 SS kit owners making good power, I think some of the better ones are in the mid 4xx rwhp range. It can make great power for you, but personally if I had the cash I would buy the Outlaw one just for its room for growth and knowing I like to always make more power later on. It is never ending for me :(

4. ronlp

One thing to keep in mind is that rumor has it that the outlaw will soon replace the SS system as the sn-95 street setup, which is why it is similar in terms of streetability and price. Then, there will be a more race-oriented SN-95 system as the outlaw.
    Look at it this way: if you buy the SS and order a turbo upgrade from a t44 to a t64, you're already within $100 or so dollars of the outlaw price, 4k. That's not even considering the custom tube headers, stainless hot side, innovative wastegate, etc. The SS does seem like a decent setup for the price, but the outlaw has now made it basically obsolete, imo.
    ymmv

5. MastaOfDisasta

OK thanks for the info guys just 1 last thing, I've been hearing that no power steering, air conditioning, air pump, converters can be used. Is this true? If it is that really sucks. Maybe you can modify it with all the power options? I don't know.

And also, where did you order the turbocharger at?
    I've been looking at http://www.proficientperformance.com/turbos.htm

The price seems a little high after you telling me that it was around 4 k.

BTW will it work for my 95' GT?

Thanks guys.

6. ronlp

The kit you're looking at is a fox outlaw. That is a race kit. The SN95 outlaw is the re-designed street kit with alot of growing room. Don't know why they call them both outlaws as it tends to confuse. SN95 outlaws retain accessories. AC and PS aren't even close to anything. I pulled the air pump to get rid of the tubing but it looks like it would fit (tight). Aftermarket converters could be used in any system.

Kit was ordered through mental addictions. All the info is in the first post of this thread.

The place you listed doesn't show a SN95 outlaw kit but I looked at the pricing on the other kits. They are on crack.

Yes, it will fit your car.

7. MastaOfDisasta

This may be a strange question but what the hell.

ronlp: where does the y pipe attach to? If i got it, would I have to ditch my x pipe ?(which i have on right now) And I have a nice sounding exhaust and I was curious does the y pipe attach somewhere or does it replace the x pipe? I really have NO clue about the y pipe.

Also when you get the kit up and running please tell me how you like it. Thanks a lot.

8. ShaneH

Dan,

Cartech doesn't have a dyno. With 2 dynos just around the corner, I'm really not sure if they'd need one either. Who knows......give Preston a call.

9. Mental Addiction

Ron,

It's been awhile since I read the board.I'm very pleased to hear you are as happy as I hoped you to be.With a $4100 price tag, I expect my customers to smile ear to ear everytime they see or ride in there turbo setup.
    Cartech has came along way in the last year.Cartech's attention to detail and quality set's the standard.When they release there 2V kit, the level will be raised another notch.

Please keep this updated on how the install goes.

10. Mental Addiction

The Y-pipe will bolt to a long tube X or H pipe.
    If you have a shortie header x or H, then you will either have to cut it to fit, of buy a long tube X or H pipe.

11. Cartech Preston

Ron,

Send me your e-mail address when you get a chance.

12. mclfln

ronlp,
    do you have the kit installed yet?

Matt

13. ronlp

Yeah, it's been installed for over three months. I haven't really driven the car much because besides the fact that it's been away for paint for two months, it is still untuned and not really finished. It's just driveable to get it from A to B.

Fwiw, driveability is great so far. It runs and idles like a stocker. No problems in the short amount of time I have on it.

Over the winter I'll be adding an AEM ems, 42# injectors, and some kind of exhaust (still running an open downpipe).

Some photos when I was finishing up the install:

14. ronlp

1 more:

15. Mental Addiction

Ron,

She's looking good.Put some pics up when she's back from paint.

Thanks,
    Beau

16. mclfln

ronlp,
    did you opt not to get a high temperature coat on the hot parts?
    Do you think that high temp coated steel would hold up better than the Stainless T304?
    And, is anybody having problems running the Turbo so close to the alternator?

Thanks,
    Matt

17. Snipe656

I saw 2-3 people over the past year say they had problems with their PTK kits and heat related issues with the altenator. In the grand scheme of how many people have kits that put the turbo so close to the altenator and only seeing 2-3 of them complain about problems, I'd venture to say it probably is not an issue and those guys maybe had something else being the cause of theit alt. woes.

18. ronlp

Yeah, almost all SN95 kits place the turbo pretty close since the design of the car leaves few options. I believe the blanket is invaluable. In the middle of summer, it's one of the few things under the hood that you can touch.

As for the hot side, I didn't want to wait for coating, but will probably send it out to Swain; maybe over the winter. But I'd still rather have uncoated stainless than coated steel.

19. Snipe656

I'd leave it uncoated, unless you just want it for the looks. Wonder if the air filter being where it is would get any odd "turbulance" when driving down the road. I think Chris ran into that at one point in his Turbolocity SN95 Cobra, forget if he made a shield for it or just lives with it.

20. RiceEating5.0

Judging by Mental Addiction's post regarding the X/H pipe, the stocker won't work?? Oh well. Planned on upgrading the exhaust anyways. All i have now is a set of aftermarket mufflers.

bridal-shoal