1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Can you tune a ford ecm

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 1951turbobuick, Jul 2, 2020.

1. 1951turbobuick

Have you ever tryed it probably not

Trying to do it off a phone you don't like how I'm putting on here then don't read it and don't respond

Does it matter what I'm trying to put it on I'm using most of the system of it

2. Mnlx

No worries bud, have a great day.

fastspec2 likes this.
  3. 1951turbobuick

Yep another jack a$$ keep your comments to your self do everyone a fever

4. B E N

Why are you here, asking questions?

You can't seem to respect other members.

You don't seem to respect anyone's opinions or answers if they aren't inline with whatever it is you want, which you haven't bothered to communicate.

You do understand people are here, trying to help you, spending their time to benefit you with no expectation of reward, don't you? Try to show a little respect for that, because right now your coming across as a totally close minded piece of shit.

Close minded pieces of shit don't belong on forums, they belong in burn barrels.

Don't solicit opinions if you don't want them, you aren't the emporer of the internet, you have no right to talk down to people or badmouth them or a product or it's origin, unless you have first hand experience.

Unfortunately the automotive sector has fallen largely to international production. Acting like a product is unusable because of its country of origin will hurt no one but you.

In case you haven't realized it yet, members here have bonded and stick up for one another. Picking a fight is going to get you nowhere.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    91turboterror likes this.
  5. 1951turbobuick

Not a problem when someone comes after me I don't take there crap

I have yet to say anything bad to you end you have been the most understand guy here

All I asked a question and I get smart ass remarks buy some I been around for quite awhile working on cars but never had a turbo car

For one thing I don't care for a lot of aftermarket fuel injections that is out there
    All I want is it to run good I'm not after hole bunch of boost just wake the motor up a little so it will cruise nice on the street

Ben I'm sorry that I up set you and any way but some guys got a lot more money then me

6. B E N

If your initial question had been :

I have a straight 6 292, I want to run ford 300 efi injection from a 95 pickup under low boost, it seems like a good fit. How do I tune it?

I think you would have gotten a better answer pool.

Do you already have the ford injection setup? If not I think there are better, domestic junkyard options. The ecm only needs to match the number of cylinders and transmission type, the rest can usually be altered in the tune itself.

Does this need to pass any kind of emissions test?I was under the impression you were talking about working on a 95 f150 5.0 or something

7. 1951turbobuick

No on both its going into a 1951 Buick so no emissions at all up here
    Why I thought ford would be good cause it gets the crank trigger off the disturber so the crank and cam is taken care of

There a guy that did it with a 500 holley but he ran rich on the low end and lean on the high end

But there is a deal were you can take a 750 vacuum secondary and make it a 3 bbl turn it into a 585 you block one butterfly off on the front so when you are cruising its running on one barrel

8. B E N

I truly believe a blow through carburetor and am ignition with timing retard is your very best bet. There are some seriously genius carb guys on this forum. You are going to spend at a minimum of $50/each on injectors to get into the region of what you need for a boosted 6. You can build the entire blow through carb for about the cost of 6.

9. 1951turbobuick

10. 1951turbobuick

He tell you what you should do

I have the s
    msd box with the port for it I was going to lock my dist so the msd would control the timing

11. B E N

If you get hung up on anything post on the carb section. I'm not a carb guy at all so I don't know. All I know there is a write up on it somewhere.

12. 1951turbobuick

Ok thanks you been a big help so far

I'm not the best

Shop in town bought one for a dirt track car the guy claims it flow 750 cfm he had it on the dyno it would hardly run over 4500 rpm so that the scary part of having a carb

13. 1951turbobuick

How about holley 950 efi ecm

14. 1951turbobuick

Call and talk to the tuner today and they have no soft wear for it

15. 1951turbobuick

Well I talk with Tom at 12bolt com he has a mpi on his 250 and he said it didn't work out good untell he made the intake ports buy them self cause of the way they are the feed together