1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Bs3 tuning questions on my turbo set up

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by cravens02, Jul 14, 2014.

1. turboeverything

Only 50 psi total??? Oh my..
    Just do leak down test.. And see where it's going..
    But I would think engine may need to come out..

2. twin57cobra

If the motor is fresh you haven't seated the rings. You need to take the thing out for a couple hits with some boost to seat those rings (well that's how I do it)...others won't agree.

3. punched 281

I drove the shit out of my car the first couple times. Real hard hits to about 5k. Gas in oil, low compression... Not looking good. Let us know!

4. cravens02

So we got 140 psi of compression now, turns out the crank trigger wheel was the issue cuz the crank damper wasn't seated all the way, my fault on that one :thumbsdown:. So now the car runs great at times lol. I'm having issues with the ugrou reading it's keeps moving from 28 at time and the car run like dog shit agin probely cuz #2 and #8 cylinder drop off, what would be causing this issue?

5. sneakyneon

I replied to this question in the bullet as well, UGROU is the cam position in relation to the crank, in a MOD motor the only way this moves is if the cam timing is moving. Make sure the cam sensor is firmly mounted. You should be using crank reference of 329 and then check it with a timing light. correct that 329 figure till what bs3 timing says matches your timing light. Also when doing this make sure and click the timing test box in configurations. I'm new to the BS3 but this is what Ive learned so far.

6. cravens02

Had to put a downwRd angle to the cam sensor to read the 28 all the time with my heads decked a little it dropped the cam gear down just far enough to have it miss read at times all good now and have takin the car to the track now lol

7. JJA2VALVE

How did this car turn out ? also how much has bs3 helped you over stock ecu, have you used the build boost feature etc? i have a massive pile of parts going together now and bs3 is part of it so im just trying to make sure its going to be a good thing hahha!