1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Brillko Racing 25.1E Camaro 2002

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Brillko, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Brillko

There is 2 different guys that helped me with intake and headers.

The Header guy is called Hacke Racing here in sweden. He works as a welder on industrial basis on days. I guees it took him about 20-30 hours of welding work. And many hours of wondering and planning. ;)

The Intake Guy is Daniel "fräsarn" Broman. He has a own little busieness building stuff like no one else. The intake is cad-drawed on my dimensions. It fits better than a custom portmatched one thos! Its alot of houres spent here. I have to post more pics becasue we have changed it several times to gain horsepower. Last update was a front mounted TB and 8 extra top mounted injectors. Fräsarn does alot of special work and made some nice stuff for a american named Ken Block... His special car has alot of his parts on it.

I started a blog with better pictures and so @ brillko.com have a look.

Thanks
    Stefan

2. Brillko

Today me and my friend Per degreed my camshaft. I wanted it at 115 deg intake centerline. Cammotion recommends 112 but i retarded it 3 more degrees.

We also lashed it and put my new covers on. Finally we made the intake ready for mounting. So when i get the gaskets tomorrow we will be ready soon to put it in my car. ;)

3. CyanJaguar

thanks man. those guys did some AMAZING work, for sure. Its evident that you all put a lot of thought into creating optimal flow paths for the air and exhaust

4. wantabe

see how you go,
    the advancing of cam, helps build cylinder pressure , to spool against the converter..
    interesting concept, you liked the cam retarded..
    nice build
    :2thumbs:

5. Brillko

I want power to match my intake/headers. 7000-8500 rpm band. Have a 3 speed. 4.11 gears. 34.5" tires.

My turbos has been fast enough in spool time. And i always have run it retarded for more peak hp.

6. amnima

Very nice!

7. Brillko

Thanks...

Mounted up the engine in my car today. Added a few pics on www.brillko.se Its not the easiest way to post images here :( So look there.

8. blowthruGT

love the header design!

9. Brillko

Its a bit hard to add images here. But i have some new progress pics on my site.

www.brillko.com

My headers and turbine housings are coated. I had my cold side fabricated.

We also had setup my EFI on bench for som testing. I have a old distributor test machine so i can put my distributor in there and simulate 0-10000rpm, boost,vac and so on. Seams to work.

We are finishing up but will not make a dyno day in this pre-season. So we stay with E85 and make the switch to meth this autumn.

10. Brillko

11. Centrifuge

Dang, I hate to see all the carnage but glad there were no major injuries!!

So all of this happened on the burnout, do you know what caused it?

12. Brillko

I think that the first thing in order was a U joint on the rear end yoke. When the driveshaft was free-motion ride it all went too hell ;(

13. Centrifuge

I am sure that all the safety stuff was up to spec., so considering that, what all came into the car? I assume the driveline hoops stopped the drive line?

14. CyanJaguar

Man sorry to see the carnage. I wonder what caused it. What size was the driveshaft?

15. CyanJaguar

[​IMG]#ad

to paste images, right click on the image you want to paste, then copy the url.

then when you hit reply here, click the picture button and hit ctrl v

16. Brillko

I had a 3" shaft so it was probably a little small. Will be a larger one this time.

17. Brillko

It stopped me from injuries. But it didnt hold back the driveshaft in right place. The bolts ripped the piping apart. Some bent tubes, detroyed wishbone... Its a complete mess from my midplate to the rear end pinion. Even the JW ultrabell was broken!

18. Centrifuge

thats interesting, if this happened on the burn out, then what would it look like if it happened on the starting line at the hit?

19. Brillko

Our car was raceready last week but there was no races to go to. So we decided to go to Söderhamn for 1/8 test&tune this saturday.

We had a new Transmission , Driveshaft with 1480 joints, new fabricated wishbone and driveshaft safety items on rear end and in car.

I also had a discussion with Neal chance for a stator change and we had the new stator in for this test&tune.

The first two runs were made with no boost of the line and i found no grip at all. The converter felt very loose even on 13 psi. For run #3 i tested to build boost and when i left the starting line i was on my shiftlight. The converter stalled 7800 rpms. ;(

So we are going back to our old stator and will be testing again 29-30 july @ Tierp Arena.

www.brillko.com

20. CyanJaguar

7800 rpms? wow wow we wow (borat)