1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

blowthrough 6.0 LS, S480

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by 3pedals, Apr 29, 2013.

1. 3pedals

Alotta frikin wires!!!
    Slow and tedious. I am redoing all the crap wiring that was added into this car since 67..... the dominator will be controlling everything that was added to the car from now on.

2. candsspecialties

3. 3pedals

Im guessing EFI does too, thats why I'm in the process of installing Holley Dominator EFI right now.
    For the record, my CSU carb worked flawlessly.

4. H.P.Ranch

5. turboboy4548

IS your csu carb for sale?

6. 3pedals

It was sold mid August, although I should have kept it......

7. H.P.Ranch

Install updates?

8. 3pedals

In process of installing the Holley Dominator efi. Been super busy, with my 1 1/2 yr old, and just broke ground building a new house.....
    car is on the back burner, but should gave it ru ning and raceable on the efi this summer.

9. 3pedals

I'm at the stage where I check everything over and load the tune and try fire it. VERY soon, just need time!
    EFI enginepic 2.jpg #ad
    EFIengine pic1.jpg #ad

EFI enginepic 2.jpg #ad

EFIengine pic1.jpg #ad

10. H.P.Ranch

Pics look nice hope to hear it run soon. "Carb vs. Efi" next chapter.

11. 3pedals

WOO HOO! It runs on EFI!
    Now I have to figure out how to tune efi. .......

12. H.P.Ranch

Congrats on getting it started.:encouragement:

13. 69-chvl

Keep us posted!

You will love the Holley!

14. 3pedals

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  15. H.P.Ranch

Seems too easy,

16. 3pedals

The self learn is pretty Frickin amazing.
    I started with a full DBW 6.0 3 bar tune, but it was not very good at idle for my combo. Once I made sure all the parameters were set right in the software it became easy!
    I set the base throttle position of the DBW throttle body by clicking the mouse and typing a % of opening value - bam done. Then just let it run and rev it up and down slowly to hit a few cells of the fuel table, and let the self learn do its thing. Click on ' Tranfer learn to base', and bam it's in the base map.
    The hardest part is knowing what target A/F ratio to enter into various MAP areas so the self learn can get you where you want to be.
    I ran this combo with a datalogger before, so I know exactly where it wants to be :)
    So far I love it, just not sure it's worth the cash outlay over the awesome CSU carb I had....

17. H.P.Ranch

Ya everyone is still waiting for results: "CARB vs. EFI" 1/4 mile time's. When the snow clears.:popcorn: Also if you care to share the total expence of each. Thanks.

18. H.P.Ranch

Snow melted yet?

19. 3pedals

Almost. I'm pretty pumped to get to tuning this thing

20. H.P.Ranch

Same engine, same timing curve, same fuel, same turbo, only change is from carb to efi and intakes. In for the results.... Heck that cadillac efi tunes itself.:drool: