1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

blowthrough 6.0 LS, S480

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by 3pedals, Apr 29, 2013.

1. 3pedals

Ran 10.32 @ 136.4 today on about 8-9 psi. Still Fighting some trans and traction issues. I need way more testing time before I get it sorted out.

2. 3pedals

I thought I should update some of the info from the original dyno sheet. IAT is shown to be as high as 230+ degrees on the dyno sheet, bit that info is wrong. We used an old Egt sensor.
    I have now connected a proper GM IAT sensor just before the carb hat. It is showing 150*while I'm on the 2 step, but immediately drops to 120ish and stays there though a full 1/4 mile run
    the same age dyno egt sensor was used for the EGT's so I am completely disregarding that dyno info.

3. gotboost84

I need and want this

4. JMoore17

just read through, nice. any updates?

5. 3pedals

I'm heading to the track for a test n tune on saturday, going to leave the 10psi springs in the wastegates. I need to work on the chassis before I turn up the boost. I changed the clutch tuneup and hopefully I will be able to get some better 60 ft's, and if so that should get me down to bottom 10's
    I added a back pressure guage to my datalogger, so that info will be interesting. And I hope to remember to turn on the go-pro before the runs this time!
    Barrett

6. 3pedals

I finally got the clutch close enough to get a couple clean runs today, set up at 10psi, 16*timing, 100LL fuel with my water meth setup
    ran 10.14 @ 133
    10.08 @ 135.5
    10.03 @ 136.38
    1.48 was best 60ft of the day, I still have some work to do on the clutch tune. Im still fairly happy with that considering this is a test n tune day and they dont prep the track overly well for t n t.
    the 10.03 is my new personal best! pretty happy!

Datalogger shows I am at 2:1 for backpressure for anyone that cares

7. 87turbonotch

Awesome runs tonight man!!! What are you hoping it'll run when you turn the boost up?

8. 3pedals

I want mid to low 9's, but thats a stretch I think, Its NOT easy getting this stick shift down the track!
    heres a vid of 1 of my runs today:
    [video=youtube_share;GRCjWhgNyCA]http://youtu.be/GRCjWhgNyCA[/video]

9. H.P.Ranch

You make it look easy gently shifting and never having to turn the wheel.:whistle:

10. Forcefed86

What kind of clutch material are you using? Does it slip at all? I had good luck with the feramic and sintered iron combo clutch. (southbend) It had a good deal of slip off the line and helped alot. I think you got your goal, just keep the boost and timing down low to help on the launch and slowly ramp it back in on the big end. Get you some good fuel and crank that joker up to 16 where it was on the dyno! :)

I worked in aviation for 15 years or so now. I used avgas a few years as well on mild turbo stuff with ok success. Bottom line is the stuff isn't meant for small cube/small stroke modern engines. I really believe you'd be better off with meth injection/racegas/e85.

11. 3pedals

Clutch is a RAM sintered iron "soft-lock". Yesterday's testing was the first time I was able to get the clutch tune "close". The clutch slips just a little on the launch , and a tiny bit on the gear changes.
    I think the 3.54 gears are the biggest problem right now, too tall, I don't shift to 2nd till past the 60ft. , But they are perfect for the finish line in 4th gear. I think I need 3.73's. Anyone have a set for a DANA60 they wanna sell?

the 100ll, yes I am pretty familiar with the stuff, been running it on various stuff over the years. I have tested it back to back with C-14+ on some high rpm 2stroke race engines I built a few years ago, it performed very well. I realize that it will produce a tiny bit less power than proper race fuel, but I disagree with some of what you quoted above. That's another discussion. I haven't decided if I'm going to use it with the 16 psi tune.

12. 3pedals

16psi springs loaded in the waste gates and ready to let it fly tomorro, hope I can get it down the track! Lol . Hope I remember to turn on the go pro too, lol

13. TTFBDY

I have some used 3.73's. They came with the rear I bought.
    Don't know the condition.
    I'd trade you for your 3.54's.

14. 3pedals

Thanks anyway, but I bought some used 3.73's 2 days ago. Gonna install them soon.

15. H.P.Ranch

16. 3pedals

9.58 @ 147, 9.57 @ 146 on 16 psi gate springs
    started liscensing passes

17. H.P.Ranch

Nice,,, Airplane gas? W/m? Now ya having fun hang on.:2thumbs:

18. aj99

mmmmmmm!

19. 3pedals

20. TTFBDY

It's consistent-

Do you have any logs of boost vs rpm or a video showing how it spools?