1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BG CUSTOM TURBO blowthru 347 done with dyno vid on pg 2

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by KINTARO, Nov 27, 2006.

1. fastranger347

Re: BG CUSTOM TURBO blowthru 347 done

you said(normally asperated) that you ran an 11.2 @ 118,, isnt that mph kinda low for that et also, i run a 12.2 @114 and you are one full second quicker but only 4 mph faster

2. KINTARO

Re: BG CUSTOM TURBO blowthru 347 done

when we ran that number the car had 4.30 gears and was the only kinda good run we got all night never ran after that havent ran it with the turbo either it has 3.55 now sp who knows what gonna happen :huh:

3. KINTARO

Well i got it to the track and really promising mph trapping 141 in the 1/4 just cant get it to 60" good vid is coming best et is a 10.33 @ 138 trying to go nines but may be with an auto it still has a tr3550 tremec and a 9lb spring in the wastgate btw the car weighs 2789lbs.

4. No Tread

Nice number all around :)

Just a thought, don't forget to let the engine idle for a while after you've run it hard. It appeared on the dyno video that it got shut off quickly after a pull.

Just hate to see you go through a turbo faster than you need to.

Have fun!

5. reamo04

get it tuned with that open downpipe, power will go up from where its at

6. No Tread

reamo04 gets my vote for the best avitar 8)

7. reamo04

you seriously have no clue how often i get PM's or comments about my avatar, its rediculous. I am about to get rid of the SOB

8. blownpony

noooooooooooo, you can't get rid of it...your man card will be revoked if you do..

[size=5pt]fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap[/size]

9. Forcefed86

Just keep those RPM's down! you'd be suprised what some of the stock blocks will take. Nice build! Crank that boost up to 12 psi and short shift at 5300.... :chacha:

Everyone told me I'd split the block in my 3.8 as well... It's been over a year now 28-30psi 24* timing 68mm turbo, pump gas and meth injection. Leaving the auto in drive shifts around 5300-5400...

10. wannabe

KINTARO, Some questions

- What are the specs on your turbo ?

- Cam Specs ?

- Why wont it Rev past 5500 ?