1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best Short Block

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Shoey, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Bridge Racing

MMR did offer to replace the pump, but in the end we ended up changing the car over to an external peterson belt driven pump.

One possibility that we have come up with that may have killed this pump was peddling the car.

1500 hp on radials with a greasy track equals 8,300 rpm down to 1,500 rpm and back up to 8,300 again all within tenths of a second with zero weight oil puts parts through there paces to say the least.

Joey Bridge

2. JimVT

ya...you wanna double check those before tomorrow?!? LOL! :D

3. ShaneH

Hey Jim, call me!

4. Nazman

Modular Performance! :2thumbs:

5. TT_05_Stang

Hey Jim I sent you an email 2 weeks ago :) no reponse yet :(

was about a 3v motor. I have the new M-6010-A46NA alum block and Manley H-Beams with ARP 2000 upgrade.

I need to know what the best way to get these out to you...

Will

6. Whoosh04Cobra

I have spoken to both Jim and Mark and its a tough choice at this point. I know Im gonna end up payin a little more thru Vt but I get the pistons and rods I really want with VT. With MMR , I get brand new heads and a new block, not my old stuff. Seems to me both companies are equal more or less. Both make some of the best motors out there . I think either way you go , you're gonna get a qaulity product. Al P is so busy right now and expensive so I'm probably not gonna go that route. Decisions ..........

7. JimVT

Where did you send it too?

8. TT_05_Stang

This content is protected

9. frozenphil

Sending me a long/short block to test for free would go a long way in convincing me, Mark. :)

10. JimVT

That's why i never got it...

Send it to
    This content is protected

11. tuning haus

i'd have to say 3.4L 2jz-gte ;) jk

you know who this is 8)

12. Shoey

Sorry Jason ( :angel: if that is your real name :angel:) Starting a "Supra vs Everyone" war on this site......well i think you know the out come. LOL

I left a message tonight...you get it?

13. tuning haus

lol yeah no problem BRANDON! i got your message! i would never come onto a mustang forum and claim supra reigns supreme... u're nuts! i would love to discuss the comparisons though if you'd like! i came on here to study and learn more of the domestics big cubed engines as well as turbo set ups etc. i just love turbo'd cars and i know there are TONS of FAST wicked cars on here as well as a lot of knowledge to be gained!

14. ryne002

so i have to jump in here, skip buying a fully built block you can do it for a lot less money if you just bu all the parts... i think i have 2k in my block mayb 2.5 and thats all my machine work, parts and putting it together..

15. frozenphil

You can build an engine for cheaper than you can pay for someone to build your engine for you! News at 11!

The question wasn't, "what's the cheapest way to go?" The question was, "who builds the best shortblock."

16. ShaneH

Cheap is not the question. I would not assemble any performance engine without the correct tools. This means bearing mic, dial bore gauge, outside mic, and the cam degreeing tools. You're talking about $800 worth of tools right there. If you intend to build your own, that's got to be figured into the price. Plus, you've got to figure time. Can I assemble my own engine? Absolutely, I've built multiple 8 second engines. Do I have the time to do it correctly? Hell no. LOL.