1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Becca's '03 Mustang Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by BFJ, May 27, 2010.

1. Tanus

I think your daughter will be the only 18 year old girl driving an 8 second car in the world :cheers:, hahah

2. maverick75

My friend is running "one" of those 6262 and is running in the tens with a tiny 1.6 liter engine.

Two of them on a Mod motor is gonna be insane!

3. BFJ

Finished the passenger side intercooler:

[​IMG]#ad

Started on the downpipes, 3 1/2 inch aluminum:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. 90lxnotch

you have some skill, looking good

5. blk mk8

pimp tastic

6. INNOVATE_1

Damn! that looks wicked.. :2thumbs:

7. 90lxnotch

how does aluminum hold up for downpipe?

8. Jess

wow. just wow.

9. BFJ

I'm not sure how it will hold up. I am using .125 wall for the first 3 feet, then .065 to the axle. I hope it lasts a while.

10. BFJ

I got a little more done on the downpipes before we ran out of welding gas. Hopefully we can get some gas in the morning.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

We started mounting the front bumper also. We don't have the right Dzus buttons, but I will try to take some pics tomorrow. I wanted the front bumper easily removable to make it easier to jack up the car or load it on a trailer.

11. Mike1965

This is one of the nicest build's , your daughter is one lucky girl to have a dad like you , how much do you charge to polish the timing cover and valve cover's same as yours :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

12. stangant

beautiful work!!! Some nice nice work.

13. davidjalb

Why are you using all of this individual pieces to make turns in the downpipe?

14. BFJ

Because i couldn't find any 3 1/2 inch, .125 wall mandrel bends.

15. 32vNomad

hope you uped the internals...... real protective of the daughter......8 sec car?? nice

16. Mike93SVT

are you fucking serious? you think she took her driver's license test last week and he's handing over the keys?

17. MONTEGOD7SS

John Force should be arrested for letting Ashley do something so dangerous, lol.

18. BFJ

The car is about to go to the paint shop. While it is at paint, I will start building the motor. Yes, it will have good parts in it.

I am pretty protective of my daughter. She will not drive the car unless she has her NHRA license.

I don't think the car will run 8's. We live in Colorado, altitude is not your friend.

19. 32vNomad

Ha I'm looking for a cage and engine pics, as for last week.. no the week before... So serious.

20. BOOSTEDROK

With a auto it should do really well!!! I would think Atleast 9.30's. NICE!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

bridal-shoal