1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Becca's '03 Mustang Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by BFJ, May 27, 2010.

1. sleeperstang1994

looks awsome. love the turbo placment thats where i would want to put the "mufflers". interested to see what your going to do about the radiator situation now though. ill be waiting to see that installment! :2thumbs:

2. BFJ

I ordered a new radiator yesterday. I had the old radiator mocked up at an angle with the top of the radiator in the bumper and the bottom near the balancer. I will post pictures when I get the new radiator.

3. hotrodder_101

Headers look good. Are you going to polish them?
    Luke

4. BFJ

Getting a little more done. Trying to get the fab work done so it can go to paint.

Turbo hot side almost done and polished, still have to mount the gates.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Turbo mounts:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Radiator mounts:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

With the bumper on:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I still have to modify the radiator inlet and cap the fill, I will use an expansion tank or put a fill cap on the upper radiator hose. Waiting on material for charge pipes and down pipes, hopefully i can get more done this week. Thanks to Tom at TRRC for his help this weekend, I was making a mess of .058 wall tubing.

5. domn8rx

That's just, sick!!!! Well done 8)

john

6. stangant

This is a beautiful car, can't believe a 16 year old girl that will be driving this.

7. BFJ

Thanks. She will be 18 by the time we are done with the car.

8. Mike93SVT

cars lookin great bud. i'll pm you my number. if you still want that k member, you gotta come get it before next monday. i'm flyin out for a year. just shoot me a text and let me know either way.

mike

9. boostedtorino

that is awesome man love it :2thumbs: looks like some cool :welder: work

10. wildcardfox

Sick build!

11. 85mcss

WOW! That's one awesome and well executed build!! Glad to see that there are still parents out there that trust their kids and have enough patience to teach them how to correctly drive & act with a machine like this. While I cant say that my father built me anything like this, I did gain a huge respect for him and the things that he put his hard work into in order for me to have something nice.

HUGE :2thumbs: from me...

12. De-Marko

NICE!!!

13. jessmeistertc

Wow! Blew me away when I first saw the turbo placement. It just looks so NASTY! The whole stance is just plain sick. Are u staying with the GT rear bumper and hood? And maybe I missed it, but what transmission are you going to run? What track times would u like to see once it is making clean passes and the wick turned up? Awesome build and damn fine polishing work.
    Jesse

14. blk mk8

15. BFJ

Thanks everyone.

Jesse, I plan on charging the rear bumper since the tail pipes won't go over the axle. I have a th400 in it. I have some et goals, but I don't want to jinx myself, lol. We will see how it does.

I have a few obstacles to overcome, but we will keep moving forward.

16. memphis

This is a great build man! I look forward to seeing the end results...has your girl ever been behind the wheel of something that kicks like that pony will once its finished?

17. Tanus

wow, hot side is just beautifull

18. BFJ

I got the intercoolers mounted and started on the charge pipes:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. hotrodder_101

Wow. Looks great. Air/water? If so are you going to use 2 tanks or 1?

20. BFJ

I am going to try 1 tank with a large pump. Thinking about a heat exchanger also.

bridal-shoal