1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Becca's '03 Mustang Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by BFJ, May 27, 2010.

1. BFJ

Tom said you were dropping your car off again. Mine was a quick in and out, I did what i could trying not to take Tom away from his work.

I am going to use Aerospace brakes, I've had good luck with them in the past. Strange makes the housing ends you need to run a 9 inch bearing end with the stock brakes. Let me know when you take the car to Tom and i will meet you there.

2. Mike93SVT

i was just joking, mine isn't even close to being done anyways. i have the 9in ends to run the brakes. the problem is that the stock brake offset is 2.5 inches. and strange only makes the custom axles with a 1.5 in offset from the hub to the axle flange. so i was gonna try and figure a way to mount the caliper bracket on the inside of the flange and that would pull it in one inch. it would just be nice to keep the e brake and stock setup. just trying to get it running this summer and if i could save some bucks on brakes since i already have some, it would help

3. BFJ

There has to be a way to make it work. We will look at it when you drop it off.

4. MONTEGOD7SS

Ah ok, that's badass then. I hope my daughter thinks I'm still cool in another 10yrs when she's driving and wants something like this. She is going to have all the guys at her school jealous when she rolls in with a 32V mod motor Mustang, that's her's.

5. BFJ

Finally got the rear end assembled yesterday and under the car today. We are still waiting on the brakes.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. reamo04

If I dated your daughter, would you build me a car too? :D :angel: (I'm only 20 lol) :doh:

7. BFJ

Sorry dude, not gonna happen. I"m a pretty protective father, that's why I would rather get her into cars then boys.

8. Turbo Terror

I hope that you won't be getting into any boys either way, just stick to the cars.

9. BFJ

Had to modify it, lol. :bang:

10. Turbo Terror

that looks a little better

11. hotrodder_101

Looks good. Do you have a power adder planned?
    Luke

12. boooost383

i think you lost the chance to date his daughter when he saw your main pic lol :doh:

13. hotrodder_101

I had the same thought but was gonna leave that to some one else.
    Luke

14. BFJ

Since i am waiting for the money tree to grow some more, I polished a few parts.

Front brake calipers, we will be changing the front wheels to a 5 spoke design.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I also polished the valve covers. I have the factory plastic plug wire covers, but would like something like a billet cover.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I'm still working on the timing chain cover. Hopefully I can get it done in the next few days.

15. 331StrokerStang

What if I dated your daughter?You wouldn't have to build me a car I'm building my own:)Plus I'm only 17.

16. mayer5oh

lol lovin all the "i wanna date your daughter" comments. i cant wait to have kids because i plan on doing the exact same thing for them. nice work on the build. your polishing skills rock

17. JPSN95GT

Really nice work... I like the polished work... some day I'll do the same thing to my son.. keep up the good work.. :2thumbs:

18. reamo04

hey, i don't really even want to date his daughter, i just want him to finish my car for me :D :angel:

19. 99TTGT

No worries this thing is getting better & better.
    4 valve mod motor = 1000rwhp NO PROBLEM
    Coming along very clean.
    If there is something that we can do to help ,just let us know.
    I have a daughter my self & she keeps asking me everyday when we are going to built her a mustang............

20. Kerrdogg

You sir are a pretty cool Dad, when I turned 16 my Dad just looked at me when I mentioned a car, luckily I had been working / saving since I was 12 and had the funds to by a 2 yo Capri 5.0, he did pay for my first 6 months insurance and to get the windows tinted.

We threw a JY Mark motor into a buddys coupe while he was waiting for his real motor to get built, no accessories, long tube headers, rest was stock, tuned it on his DFI, made 315 rwhp and ran high 11's @ 115mph, manual trans.

Looks like fun!