1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Aussie t51r feed 202ci holden 6

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by drag lc, Nov 7, 2010.

1. install8er

Gorgeous car. Its refreshing to see something other than a sbc car. :2thumbs: I've subscribed also. Keep us updated!

2. drag lc

well ive now removed the head and put it up on a block on the bench so i can start to sort the pipes ive fitted most things to the block now in the next week or so i will have worked out how the pipes will run.i tacked all this stuff up and took it to my mates house for him to weld it came out sweet.

Cheers hayden

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. drag lc

well the first day of making the pipers fit the collectors i have one tacked up and have a good idea where the rest of them will be going it will be tight i will have to put some heat sheild stuff on the starter motor cause it will be very close to that aswell. :welder:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. wantabe

looking good

5. drag lc

well i managed to get 2 pipes done today :welder:,there getting tight.hehe,time to put the head back in car and just check they all fit. before i make the last 3.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

and here is a pic of the new billet solid roller cam from Phill @ sure cams to suit this combo.

[​IMG]#ad

6. ProVK

Looks awesome. How expensive was the 321 s/s?

7. drag lc

Hi Provk,

yeah mate i got the lot from burns stainless,all 3 double slip collectors,14 u bends of various size from 21/4 to 13/4,turbo flange,filler rod,6ft 13/4 straight,6ft of 17/8 straight unsure what else.but yeah worked out delivered here about 3,000AUD about a month ago.

Cheers hayden

8. Turbo ute

Will this car beat a falcon ute on the street ? Will you be finding out if it does when it is going...... :2thumbs:

9. drag lc

well i have been busy the last few weekends doing pipes and now looks like they are all but done.here are some pics.just need to get it to my mates for him to weld out.

i will need to put a brace ,turn bucklle to help support the manifold with the weight of theturbo hanging on it.

Cheers Hayden

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. rb3torana

Awesome manifold setup mate, how thick wall is that stainless? What injection setup you going to run? What times you looking for 130mph+? Are you going to run the dump through the inner guard? Thanks

11. VKCALAISV8

Awsome build mate! Go the 202 :2thumbs:

Nice choice with the head the mate! Its great to see people still playing around with these things, and not jumping ship to go to a V6 or V8.

What type of bottom end are you going to be running? Red, Blue or Black?

12. drag lc

VKcalisv8 im unsure on the bottom end yet will prolly only use a oem crank(at this stage it will be a counter weighted crank.) the rest will be h beams,forgies.

rb3torana,
    the wall thickness is .065" , i will end up with a haltech putor i think and home made plenum with 75/80mm tb

130mph is possible i guess :chacha:

yeah im going to run a 4" s/steel pipe thru gaurd im ordering that atm i thought it would have taken me alot longer to make the header pipes so i never ordered the stuff.

Cheers Hayden

13. Turbo ute

Pipes look the goods ay. What I next after the pipes. Are you gunn a run an after market fuel cel? :2thumbs:

14. Bomber Watson

When are you gonna stop dicking around and hold it pinned???

15. Turbo ute

When you get something fast dj ha ha :cheers:

16. drag lc

yeah i have a new pro street fuel cell here somewhere. :ahah:

not for a while yet mate might get brother to show me how to drive a fast car first. :2thumbs:

17. Bomber Watson

Waiting for my balls to drop first mate, should be any minute now hopefully.

Cheers.

18. Turbo ute

Just push the far right pedal down as far as she goes and hang on mate.

19. NewTune

That header is beautiful. Kinda reminds me of the Gurney-Ford Indy car stuff.

20. drag lc

Thanks New tune,

i have got all the 4" s/s to make the down pipe now it was actually cheaper to buy the 304s/s from the us than wot it was to buy the 4" bends localy in m/s so i got a transition as well a wiggins clam shell, v band and a few other ods and ends .

so i will be getting the header pipes welded up over the next few weeks before i go making the down pipe.but i must say the 4" pipe is pretty big now that i have it here.

[​IMG]#ad