1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Aussie t51r feed 202ci holden 6

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by drag lc, Nov 7, 2010.

1. drag lc

2. drag lc

hi Ken, ive finaly got it up on photo bucket hope everyone can work it from there..
    cheers ..

3. drag lc

hi all,

I've been busy working haven't had a lot of time to work on this of late as some of you will know I've had it on dyne in the last few months , we had a few problems that I'm working thru now the main one was it wouldn't take a load in the end witch we suspect is directly related to the main power wires to ecu and gin being melted it melted the solder of of them too, we also had a problem that the oil pressure would drop away after a while on dyne so i have got some restricted pushrods coming .030" hole, I've restricted oil to turbo too now .040" hole I'm hoping this will help keep pressure where its needed i also suspect the oil temp is getting quite hot swell so I'm fitting a oil temp sender in it swell..so Ive ordered 6 holley 556-112 coils and I'm doing away with the distributor and doing the timing thru the ps2000 i really should have done this while i was building it but i initially thought it was to hard but it seems its quite easy now i have a crank and cam sensor..

Cheers Hayden

Video

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. 74chlngrTT5.9

Sorry to see the burning...
    Still minor in the grand scheme of things.

Hope you get it knocked out soon.

5. drag lc

Yeah mate ,

i dont see see any of it being a problem just waiting for parts now then I can get stuck in and repair it.

Cheers Hayden

6. drag lc

Just a quick update I should get a pic I've fitted the Holley coils there all done I'm just sorting the starter wires I've clocked the starter solinoid to get the power wire away from the one pipe that is close to it I'm still hopefull to get it back on dyno around Xmas time.

Ive ve brought a Buxton valve spring checker to check springs while on head.

I cut oil filter open last weekend it's got some debris in it but dad recons it will be fine I was looking at pulling the sump off to check it out but I'm not now it's only going to do dyno work then I'd say if all is well I may run it for a short while but then I'll open eng right up to check a few things.

7. its just a six

Hayden,

Any updates?

8. its just a six

Just checking again, any updates?

9. drag lc

Hi Mate,

hey its just a six ,just email me for a fast response :).

but I've been driving it around a fair amount actually i had it out today did some stuff across town its seams to be very grumpy but I'm guessing thats a combo of cam and tune may need a little tidy up down low as the converter is quite tight but very good can still get into boost easily on t brake just have to hold your foot hard on brakes if its in first gear..

its very noisy when it comes into boost and the waste gate opens so i don't go laying into it on the road also the low oil pressure scares me a little..

the low oil pressure issue I'm still working on i fitted the restrictor to turbo feed and restricters in the pushrods but that made next to no difference but I'm now looking at the lifters and ill be modifying them in the coming weeks but all in all I'm happy with it, ill be ordering a set of 6 haltech egts and the electric stuff for them in the next week or so aswell I've got another set of bearing shells here for it too so ill be opening the engine up in the coming months to check it out then we will run it with more boost and a lot higher rpm swell..

the oil seems to be coming out from the pushrod cup when the rocker gear is loose it just squirts out from under the pushrod..

Cheers hayden

10. drag lc

finally I've worked out how to get the vids off my phone

11. drag lc

still no progress on the oil issue its been in storage for about 6 months now hope fully get back to it later in the year..

12. 74chlngrTT5.9

Thanks for the update. We are still watching...

Mike

13. drag lc

I've fitted a lifter that i plugged and drilled a restrictor hole in it and it seems to have fixed the oil loss that is coming from the roller lifter area I've got a video on my phone but i will just do the same to the rest of the 11 lifters then see how the oil pressure goes..

cheers H

14. 74chlngrTT5.9

15. midnightlaundry

Great work so far!

16. drag lc

Well If you don't follow me on fbook I've fixed the oil pressure with the lifter mod unfortunately it's proved that the oil pump is in fact working very well as I've now pulled the restritor out of the turbo and pushrods and the oil pressure is very high so I've gone to a thinner oil 5w/40wt full synthetic that seems to have fixed it the engine just has to get some heat in the oil before it sees any high rpm witch is good.

I'm also taking the car to a car event in the middle of Australia called the red centre nats early next month its about 1600 miles each way from home. No I'm not driving it that far That will be the first time the car has been to a car event with this combo in it

I've been busy the last year or more building my new shed it's finally almost done.
    F845FC2D-CABF-4BD0-9CD6-A46759D86EB8.JPG #ad

Cheers H

17. Pro-SC

18. drag lc

file:///var/folders/zp/z51_5dkx39x09__dmqnvjdmh0000gn/T/IMG_0652.jpg

just a short update ive had the engine out for some months now im fixing a few problems inside the engine at the moment, mostly related to running with low oil pressure i think.

ive got a good mate working the ports on the cylinder head i cut 5 angle seats on the head with the new goodson gear i brought for another project im doing. put a set of k lines in swell with the correct guide to stem clearance as they were way to loose before.

74chlngrTT5.9 likes this.
  19. drag lc

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Well I’ve been doing my best to get this back together it’s currently sitting as in the pics just waiting for me to assemble the head and fit it. Then it can go in the car. Im hoping to be back at home in the next month or so for good so that will give me some time to get it back together.

20. 74chlngrTT5.9

We will patiently wait for your next installment.