1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Any good car part search stories?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by 351w, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Drac0nic

I didn't cry when they crushed that place out but my god if a man were ever to cry that would be an allowed moment. I'd kill to have all the vintage Pontiac 350 accessory bracketry, heads and 4bbl intakes they did. I'd clean the fuck up on Ebay that stuff goes for decent money these days and I would have probably walked out with a pile of it for a hundro.

They had a Dodge tow truck there, I got offered it for $300. Wish I would have done it. Would have made an insane driver for some reason.

I also would have totally pimped that Vega they had that was a small block car of some sort. Orange mostly and a few other things.

I think the Mustangs/Cougars are still there as of a few years ago and it looked like they'd added a fewer later model cars.

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  2. 351w

Idk man. That price seems way too food to be true jmo

3. B E N

The coyotes are becoming a flooded market. Your still going to pay a premium for a gen 2 or 3 with low miles, but a gen 1 that's lived a full life can be had resonably. 6r80 are in every rwd platform ford makes so they are coming down (or have) quickly. It's a shame the 6.2l never got support, they are cheap and plentiful, stout in stock form and make a really good noise.

I think as the aftermarket fandom shifts to the 7.3l or whatever the next midsize V8 is we will see a further price shift on the coyote. Ford really tried to shove the 3.5l ecoboost down the enthusiasts throats, it never really took though. Maybe they will get past it, sounds like shit, once you get past the easy horsepower gains it becomes fragile and expensive.

If you want a gen 1 coyote "cheap" just watch for a truck motor locally, it doesn't take much to bring them close to mustang spec and the slightly lower compression is a little easier to tune for turbo. I only have 4k in my entire low mile gen 2 motor/engine/accessories/harness/ecm, that includes shipping, I spent another $550 on cams and front cover. You just have to be watching with cash in hand.

351w likes this.