1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Another HP kit lives!!"UPDATE&PICS"

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by smokedu, Jun 9, 2004.

1. smokedu

Another HP kit lives!!

Here are a list of my mods for my wifes car: Stock short block and cam,70mm T/B,GT40 upper and lower intake,HP Stage one kit with boost control(Knob),AC,PS removed,Stock eec,Stock AOD with Lentech Stage III valvebody(the one you can leave in "D")Lentech 10" converter. Stall NA was around 2800),Afr 185s, Harland Sharp 1.6 rockers,3:73 fms gears,35 spline MW gun drilled axles, lightened spool,Weld Magnum 2.0 wheels,Wolfe CM roll bar,GlobalWest subs, Triangle 5gal cell,Battey in the trunk,Wolfe rear sway bar.
    I just put on brand new Hoosier QTP 28/11.50 and took the car out on Sat 6/20/04. I ran in a class with the NPSA. (Pro street or 10.50 class). Here are my three runs with the new tires, I believe I might be blowing the stock electronics out because just at the traps it would sputter @ 6k. Gap was a little big @ .035 too. Sat was extremly hot I mean 90 deg compared to my first run which was around high 60's. (1) 10:06am 60'1.631, 330' 4.547, 1/8 [email protected], 1000' 9.089, 1/4 [email protected] (2) 11:32am 60' 1.575, 330' 4.461, 1/8 [email protected], 1000' 8.988, 1/4 [email protected] (3) The best for last! all runs were in "D" but I do have a mico switch on my brake pedal with an adjustable chip to build boost of the line. 1:22pm 60' 1.533, 330'4.363, 1/8 [email protected], 1000' 8.822, 1/4 [email protected]:D Runs 2 and three had one turn on the knob but I saw only 11psi. I need to slow this thing down for my wife. As it is I know I 'am pushing things but it's like whatever I do next it will just make it faster. Technically I need a Harmonic balancer, Bell housing and flexplate. Another 4 mph and I will have to pull my licence out of my wallet, only to be short on safety equipment requirements as I load it up on the trailer or worse:rolleyes: Again, I am very pleased with the performance of this BASE kit. I know I could get more out of it if I started really pushing things but the kit has more than exceeded my expectations.
    Derick

2. SoL_93GT

Another HP kit lives!!

Yeah thats pretty kick ass times. I'm sure you could get it in the high 9's if you really leaned on it.

Briane

3. gaslight

Another HP kit lives!!

smokedu take that sucker to a dyno and see what numbers it puts out.

SoL_93GT do you know how much your car is producing?

4. SoL_93GT

Another HP kit lives!!

I will soon, I'm replacing the stock clutch in the next week or so. I'll let you know how it goes.

Briane