1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

another blowthrough doing well

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by TrendSetter, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Pontiac4ever

Man, Fratena should be bracket racing that thing! Damn, though, can no one in the class cut a light!?!?! Eliminations must have been right after lunch time.

Craig

2. TrendSetter

i think boost is only like 18 psi and it falls as he goes down the track. not enough turbo but its the most allowed by the rules.

3. jds1

Does anyone know where I can find more details about this car? I know it was in Car Craft magazine, which issue?

4. quicksilver

Real nice!!Clean run.

5. TrendSetter

what do you want to know?
    its changed quite a bit in the last year. due to unfair rule changes he no longer runs car craft street race.

6. TrendSetter

i got your pm but i cant send pms because my account is goofed up. hit me at dave at couldbeworse dot org and ill answer any questions you have about the car.

7. hazy

that camaro is avery nice car! :2thumbs:

8. SprayedSDime

Was the rule change that bumped him out the turbo size? I see where it says he's using a 72mm and the 2008 rules say:

SINGLE TURBOCHARGER: Accepted single turbochargers are permitted with the following requirements: Turbocharger must be of conventional impeller and housing design and type. Turbocharger is limited to a maximum size of 70.0mm / 2.755 inch inducer wheel diameter at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing.

I was starting to consider getting one of these s400's tweaked to use a 72mm compressor, but if it goes all the way down to 70mm now, I don't know if that's doable.

9. slow67

They have an off the shelf 72mm S400 (same exducer as the S475).

I looked at the rules a couple of days ago, and it still said 72mm.

10. SprayedSDime

Hmm, talked to Jose today and looks like the guys over at Forced Inductions can swing fitting a 70mm up to it.

I wonder how hard they really tech you to see if you're running the acceptable stuff.