1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Andrew's project thread

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Andrew, Feb 21, 2005.

1. FourEyedFord

Wow thats movin'! Awesome times and very sweet car! :2thumbs:

2. TurboStang140

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT A VIDEO!

3. Andrew

Ask and you shall receive!

4.90 pass:

4.83 pass:

4. TurboStang140

your gonna break that wheelie bar the way you launch that thing

So that would be around 7 or 8 seconds in the 1/4

5. FourEyedFord

Badass!!! :chacha:

6. Sleeper T-Bird 87

x100000000000000000000

7. Andrew

First pass of the night. Too much rpm and too much boost make Andrew something something.

8. Unatural

That's awesome to see that you're getting the car back to the track on a more regular basis. It seems to be coming together quite nicely. How much more do you think it has left in it?

9. Andrew

I'd be really happy if I could run a 4.6 with it. Maybe I'm too optimistic?

10. FourEyedFord

Hey Andrew, you wouldn't happen to have any pics of how you did the oil drain setup off the turbo do you? What pump did you use? My turbo is mounted very much like yours, and I tried searching through your thread but couldn't find anything.

Thanks
    ~Bobby

11. Andrew

I have a Tilton pump, got a warranty card but not a part number. :(

I hoseclamped the pump to the discharge pipe (I know, real classy, right?) and have a -12 line running to the pump and then another -12 line to the oilpan.

12. FourEyedFord

Hey the car is a work of art in every other aspect and it seems to be working good too! :rock:

So you have the tilton pump. You haven't had any issues with it? I will have to call and talk to the company, but I will be driving my car on the street a good amount and I am just wondering if the pump would have any issues running continuously. I may drive the car for an hour at the most in one trip.

Thanks Andrew!

13. Andrew

The pump seems to work fine, except for when you forget to turn it on! The turbo starts smoking pretty good if the pump isn't on.

14. Andrew

Been tearing my motor down to throw new rods, rings and bearings in it. Nothing wrong with it, just time to freshen it up.

I had a hell of a time getting the balancer off, even broke an autozone balancer removal tool on it. TheHead and I went to Brooks' house today and he whipped this beauty out on his Bridgeport CNC machine (1/2" steel base, 1 1/8" center fine thread bolt, nut with 1 1/8" outer flat to flat diameter welded to end of bolt):

Installed and ready to pull balancer:

Compared to autozone tool:

It took the balancer off, no problem. It LAUGHED at the balancer.

After I got that off, checked out the danny bee belt drive. Got the pulley off and saw the following:

The bolts which held the seal plate to the timing cover had backed out and been hit by the piece which bolts to the cam, causing the bolts to be all bent up.

Close up:

Here are some various pics of around the garage....

Shortblock on engine stand:

Various parts:

Bottom end:

15. rtz

What brand engine stand is that? I've never seen one with the wheels mounted like that.

16. turbocobra

Proline not have any loctite available during assembly? :D

Any update on your rods from BME?

17. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Lucky there wasn't more damage :2thumbs: I guess locktite wil be your new freind??? Awsome idea on the puller I have broken 2 or 3 of those things from sears

18. STANGZILLA1988

your car is crazy its nice like how you set the car up over the years

19. Andrew

20. TT_05_Stang

Looks like my craftsman, but mine is a 4 wheel type his is a 3 wheel.

Will