1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Andrew's project thread

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Andrew, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Saleen91

I haven't checked the KOTH board, but I'm willing to bet it's him over there as well.

2. Andrew

TheHead and I put together some travel limiters and figured we'd take some pics and post a how to of how we did it.

First, we had to remove one of the caster camber plate bolts... we decided on the front bolts which required a bit of work with a dremel to break the spot welds holding them to the bottom caster camber plate.

We tried to use a 1/2" welded eyebolt but we didn't have enough clearance to the coilover spring, so we used a 1/4"-3/8" angle bracket with 1/2" holes drilled in it to secure the high end of the chain.

On the lower end, we used a 3/8" welded eye bolt which went through the antirollbar bracket.... this gives us both coarse adjustability (chain links) as well as fine adjustability (threads on eye bolt).

Here's a pic of the final product:

For those who are wondering, car has been 5.00 @ 149.8 so far... on the advice of Brian Brown and JamesB I made and installed the travel limiters with help from TheHead

3. Andrew

JamesB built me a new set of wheelibars... hopefully they won't unload the tires like the 75" bars did.

[​IMG]#ad

4. Unatural

:shock:

5. tex

I would tell you to update the pic here, too, but no one would get it.

6. Andrew

First hit with the new bars was a 1.17 60', so it's showing some promise! James is going to make some changes to the upper bars as they were oscillating on the launch. More to come!

7. Saleen91

DAMN those are some LOOOOONG bars!

8. ShaneH

Andrew, that's as good as 75% of the outlaw 10.5 cars on 33s. The very best you'll see is a 1.11, with most cars averaging around a 1.15- 1.17. In Chips car we averaged a 1.15.

9. Duece

:eek: That's awesome!!

10. rtz

With the biggest slicks made; would sub 1 second 60` be possible?

11. Andrew

pro stock cars run .9x 60' times. I realize that my car is worlds away from a pro stock car and there is no direct comparison, but doorslammers can run those numbers.

12. TurboStang140

is that a FAB 9 rear?

13. Thehead

It is a JamesB fabricated chromemoly sheetmetal 9".

14. TurboStang140

15. TurboStang140

how much did it cost?, the rear

16. Andrew

Give JamesB a call, 972-754-3323 and he can give you a quote!

17. Andrew

JamesB installed a Bickel pro mod wheelie bar support kit along with some special rework to the upper bars. The bars are MUCH stiffer now!

[​IMG]#ad

18. Andrew

I put some racecraft adjustable a-arms on the car too. They are 12" from ball joint to mounting point as opposed to 13" stock. Need to get the car aligned, then back to the track!

19. Andrew

20. Saleen91

Very nice Andrew!!! Congrats man!