1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

A Math Question for you Racers

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by Boost Engineer, Mar 28, 2009.

1. mustangcobra438

Wow This one is tuff. Can he bend the rules. IDK im lost. Good one.

2. whiteghost

No bending the stated rules, he has to pick one of the pieces of paper, and they both say "death", yet he walks away a minute later and the King is hopping mad!

3. Ironworker

he never showed the king what it said to rule death??

4. turbofreek

he choose one and flipped over the one he did not choose. ther for the king would not make himself look bad by making the prisoner to show the other in his hand. baby stuff.

5. Ironworker

6. whiteghost

correct on the theory, the prisoner chooses one and eats it before looking at it, leaving the king with "death". Remember, this is a sadistic, tyrannical king, he's not going to let you pick one and then touch the other one, that opens the door to more charges and a date with 4 horses that quickly will tear 3 of your limbs from your body, leaving you to spend your final living moments trailing behind one of the eager steeds on a rope. This riddle is hundreds of years old and has many variations, it and others are meant for fun, not difficulty.

7. turbofreek

i figured eating it would be another answer, but didnt go that far into it. :cheers:

is funny though

8. gotboost89gt

Bottlefed70 in school A and the test is in science class

9. Boost Engineer

Either than quiz was an easy one and well known or I need to find harder quiz questions.

Tom Vaught

10. gotboost89gt

What do u got ?

11. mustangcobra438

I'll try whatever you got. I need to do some more brain training anyway. :2thumbs:

12. Boost Engineer

Another "Easy" one for some:

A racing car travels a course 50 miles long. Its speeds for the 4 laps are 100 mph, 100 mph, 150 mph, and 150 mph. What was the average speed of the car for the 4 laps around the course?

Tom Vaught

13. mustangcobra438

14. Boost Engineer

Nope!

Tom Vaught

15. Chevalade

125 mph

100 + 100 + 150 + 150 = 500/4 = 125.

Edited for correction.

16. nealysa

Not in Earth math.

17. Chevalade

Yer right....it is 125....so why is that not the answer....too tired to be doing math this late at nite.

18. turbofreek

haha

19. nealysa

It says speed, but I wonder the car must accelerate or if velocity is wanted or how much time between laps.

20. Grape Ape

Here's a pretty easy one:

You have a pyramid 5" tall. You want to up scale it but it must weigh the exact same so you decide to make a new pyramid out of a material 1/8 as dense. How tall do you make the new pyramid so it weighs exactly the same as the original.

This was part of my 9 year old daughters home work that I just checked over, she got it right. Are you smarter than a 4th grader?