1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

99 GT Remote TT Build Up

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by dave281sc, Aug 3, 2008.

1. alain

How can you forget this site? :doh:

2. ezenuf

Yes a lightning IAT 2 sensor is threaded. The IAT1 sensor before the TB is not.

Rich

3. dave281sc

I decided to do a few things since I had my cam covers off. I had my cam covers powdercoated, I bought some buffing wheels and sandpaper arbors and polished my intake lid, and I made a PCV hose assy that is a little more pleasing to the eye, and won't oil up the top of my intake manifold like the old hose did (shown in the last picture). I was going to put everything back on and fire up the car, but lost one of my cam cover spacer bolt assy. It is probably in a trash can at the powdercoat facility. Anyway I went ahead and re-torqued my head bolts since the cam covers were off, and installed 1 Cam cover. There is always next week.

DSCF0057.JPG #ad

DSCF0061.JPG #ad

DSCF0062.JPG #ad

DSCF0063.JPG #ad

DSCF0064.JPG #ad

DSCF0048.JPG #ad

4. badride5

Looks good! I bought an Eastwood buffing kit and have been buffing everything around.

5. goatnipples2002

6. dave281sc

Not for a while. I have a valve stuck open on #4. I have been traveling a lot for my job the past 2 1/2 years... I have been gone 90% of the time. I have not touched the car in over a year. My traveling should stop before the end of this year, so I can get back on it.

7. dave281sc

Back from the dead!!!

Well, I have been intending to borescope my #4 cylinder which has no compression for. Due to extensive traveling for work over the last 2 years I never got around to it, and the car has just been sitting.

Anyway I finally decided to do it and a friend of mine came over with his borescope. The exhaust valves are stuck open. There is a lot of carbon buildup on this cylinder, as well as the #2 cylinder which had dropped the cam followers also. There is some minor ptv contact on the pistons but the valves do not appear to be bent, so probably no big deal.

I suppose I had a couple of fat injectors, and the carbon built over a couple of years when I would start the engine and let it warm up every month or so.

I am going to pull the valve springs and see if I can clean the carbon off with some carb cleaner and a drill at a low speed... after the 1st of the year I suppose. Anyway then I can drive it while I peice together the parts for a spare motor. Thinking about doing a BB 5.0 with a 9 1/2 ish compression ratio, then pull this motor out to bump up the compression and maybe put it in my TBird.

I will post up as I finish up a lot of little details on the car and then, clean, paint, polish and re-assemble everything.

Dave

8. bgjohnson

Good to hear you are back on track!

9. CONDOR

Awsome!

Take care of your self bud and make that mustang comes to life!

Your car is amazing! I finally bought a kit from some dude and it's also a sleeper like yours.... but nowhere near as cool or imaginative.

Goodluck!

10. dave281sc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been awhile since I accomplished anything.

Some Pics of my Air Filter/MAF with 1 "seasoned" Stock Air Filter slightly visible.

1.jpg #ad

6.jpg #ad

4.jpg #ad

3.jpg #ad

5.jpg #ad

11. 95MustangGT331

any updates?
    this project is AWESOME!