1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

99 Camaro SS Lq4 S480 Build

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by CamaroLQ480, Dec 17, 2012.

1. CamaroLQ480

1.35 60' going to shorten up the chains up front a little
    [​IMG]#ad

- - - Updated - - -

So I haven't updated this in a while have been dealing with issues all year. After about 250 miles on the new motor i noticed the oil pressure gauge bouncing at idle but under wot was great had 70+ oil pressure. Then after taking it for a test ride before the track got home and it idled around 20 and knew i didnt have much left. Took it to the track the next day mid pass looked at the gauge and had about 25psi WOT so threw it back on the trailer. Yanked the motor out to see the mains destroyed. Brought it back to the shop that built it and after 3 weeks they told me the crank was bent and cracked....The Crank in the motor was actually from the motor that made about 1050ish hp so in my opinion the crank was never checked before it actually went into this motor and was already on its way out. But either way just waiting for a couple fittings and my turbo to be sent back and i'll go at it again! This time around i got a fuel cell in the stock location, Holley Dominator 12-1800 pump -10 Line for e85 -8 return Y Feeding the rails and changed my seats from the Corbeaus (37lbs each) To the Kirkey's being 11lbs each so a total i've taken out about 175lbs so far.
    [​IMG]#ad

Here are some pictures of the mains lol
    [​IMG]#ad

This is about 1/2 of the flakes i found in the bottom of the pan.
    [​IMG]#ad

Motor #5
    [​IMG]#ad

At least we found some use for my bent crank and rods ;)
    [​IMG]#ad

Soon as the Turbo comes back i'll be at the track again and hoping to make the YB Nats next week

- - - Updated - - -

worked on the car all night friday to get it tested at the track before the YB Nats next week never had a chance to even drive the car before the track first pass just low boost then checked everything out and kept turning it up overall day went well and will try to get a couple more passes in before we head to MD.
    My Buddy Shawn's Toyota Crown

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

16.8psi
    [​IMG]#ad

19.1psi
    [​IMG]#ad

- - - Updated - - -

Doug Macy's Low 9 Second 99' SS Camaro: http://youtu.be/zpocbA4QBt4

2. Jo Diesel

Pretty awsome! 8's are just a little tweekin away.

3. quick85vet

Congrats on the times!!! That bad boy is rockin....

4. jaredsamurai

God dammit I love this car. Sorry about your motor troubles. Hope this motor lasts longer. At least it didn't spin the bearings. Did they have to align bore it or just drop a new crank in? Love the motor dog.

5. zracer305

Cleanest welds I've seen anywhere!!!