1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94gt turbo rebuild

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Mustangbrad94gt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. racesloth

Just for posterity in Brad's thread this is my 2000th post....:thumbsup:

2. thunderroad

Dang Dan, I had to go look up what posterity meant. Thought it meant you were sitting down when you wrote on this thread. My new word of the day, I'm going to wear it out.

3. nxcoupe

Just read the thread. What a journey you've taken! Hope you get the last few things done and get out and enjoy it. I have customers that have thrown their hands up on the holley and had a carb sitting waiting to go on. That is until we get it running and then they wouldn't trade it for the world, lol. Glad u stuck with it. Awesome build.

4. Mustangbrad94gt

thanks nxcoupe, it's been a long project for sure, thanks to my best friend racesloth (Dan) we will test drive it soon

5. nxcoupe

Yeah I saw he was in afghanistan for a while and then England, is he coming home soon? I was in the stan for 2 years, got home in fall of 10. Im following builds like yours as I'm working on my own build now. Can't wait to see the drive and track results.

6. racesloth

Nope still in England.... My wife needs to hurry up and finish her PHd so we can come home....

7. Hemann

Brad, are you going to use the Holley to control boost?

8. yellowpony

Brad, if you use the holley for boost let me know, I have some good starting points for you on the solenoids!

9. Mustangbrad94gt

funny you ask James, I just purchased a used ams-500 that im gonna run for a while, as I learn more about the holley boost control I will probally make the switch along with the touch screen

10. Mustangbrad94gt

I would like to start gathering the holley stuff as Im using the ams-500, lmk what you got in mind

11. thunderroad

Waiting on those smoke signals from the back tires to rise up over the tree line. I need to get over there.

12. nxcoupe

Just glad you got home safe.

13. Hemann

That AMS does look easy to use. I almost bought one myself.

14. Mustangbrad94gt

I know im probally gonna catch some crap for this one, I'm thinking of selling the turbonectics 82mm and switching to a t-6 88mm, I'm wanting to change turbo placement and build a new stainless hotside with dual gates, I really wanted to do a 5" downpipe, turbo would need to be relocated to between pass. head and radiator, gonna run a feeler ad in the classified to see if anyone is interested, would have to sell the 82mm midframe to help with the cost of the 88

15. yellowpony

Brad, I know the feeling of wanting to change stuff all to well. The only advice I can give you would be to finish the car and run it how it is and see what it does. If for some reason then you are unhappy, make some changes and go from there. Do what you want but I think you should enjoy it a bit before you decide on anything.

16. MUSTLX50

Brad, I agree with Tony on this one, think about it good because you will eventually end up upgrading more than just the turbo and piping. I say finish it up, your almost done and then plan out the next round of upgrades and start gathering up the pieces. Good luck on whatever you decide bud. :encouragement:

17. thunderroad

These guys have a good point Brad. Besides when you do decide to upgrade after running that turbo, it will be cheaper for me to buy than the new condition it is in now.:encouragement:

18. mcj50

Agree, finish it. You have no idea what will work and what won't yet. You probably already have changes lurking.

19. Hemann

I agree with these guys. Drive it this summer and plan something for the fall\ winter.

20. racesloth

I say get it running with the 82mm - the 88mm will always be there when you need it...

I think you can run 8.80-90's with that turbo... show 'em what it will do with a stock block and "crap" rods as you call them. 73runabout is surprising everyone you will too :thumbsup: