1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94gt turbo rebuild

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Mustangbrad94gt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. MUSTLX50

Congrats Brad, happy to see you got it running man. Now it's time to button everything up and start the fun of driving and tuning, good luck buddy.

2. racerron67

Where did you get the cam position sensor(cam synchronizer).

3. Mustangbrad94gt

the cam sensor is from a 97-98 4.0 v-6, its a drop-in for a f4te Windsor roller block (9.5 deck), Cal on here use to sell a aluminum bushing that fits in the block and the cam sensor fits into the bushing(55 bux), bought the sensor off e-bay (rock auto)

4. Mustangbrad94gt

thanks Rigo, good to hear from you, hope things are good on your end

5. Mustangbrad94gt

work is crazy, off Friday, gonna put a one wire kit on the 3g alt., when I first had it charging I had a 3" crank pulley and a 1 7/8 alt. pulley, alt. started at 1200 rpm, no charge at 900 rpm, I've installed a 4 1/2 crank pulley and the 1 7/8 smallest alt. pulley available, if it doesn't charge at 900 rpm I gonna redo the hotside crossover and install the factory 6" crank pulley and the 2" alt pulley and call it a day, driver seat is installed, after alt. is fixed, gonna mount shifter=test drive

6. MUSTLX50

Things are good, can always be better but not complaining. I been working on something, but more street friendly than before but I'm not going to post anything till I get it running, lol.

7. Mustangbrad94gt

thanks James, hope a test drive will happen next month

8. Mustangbrad94gt

Hey Walt, gonna try to get a vid today, hope everything is well with you and your's (family)

9. 1sicpny

AWESOME...I'm so pumped for you brad on getting it running!

10. Mustangbrad94gt

thanks big guy, gonna try to post up a running vid this weekend

11. BlownShovel

In shock here second day in a row we will reach above freezing temperatures lol - Still feet of snow on ground but spring is creeping. Good luck on getting video - looking forward to it

12. Mustangbrad94gt

try video below

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  13. ricky

tired to check out the video,but it shows private?

anyways,have not checked out this thread lately..congrats on getting it running...i'm planning to get an HP for mine here soon...

14. Mustangbrad94gt

try now ricky [video=youtube;NYM-lO-UMyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NYM-lO-UMyo[/video]

15. BlownShovel

Dang it - still listed as private

16. Mustangbrad94gt

think I've got it off private, lmk

17. BlownShovel

Fixed ----well done "thumbs Up"

18. Hemann

Cool video Brad. Sounds great!

What is left before you can take it for a drive?

19. Chris91LX

Nice vid! Hows the clearance with the down pipe going through the fender well, that's gotta be tight with the wheel on there, no way I could do that with my fox body.

20. MUSTLX50

Congrats Brad, motor looks bad ass, good luck buddy I know your itching for a test drive.:encouragement: