1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94gt turbo rebuild

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Mustangbrad94gt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Mustangbrad94gt

haven't ordered coilovers for the rear yet, looking at the upr, mcj50 is a authorized dealer, gonna check with him first on the part # I want

2. racesloth

Brad,

Good deal. It will be nice to see your car driving on its own again - How long has it been?

Dan

3. Mustangbrad94gt

lets see Dan, started the rebuild on 3-9-11, so this March will be 4 years , how long on your's ?

4. bumblebee

My build also started around 2011.. This summer was the 3rd summer in the garage!

5. Hemann

You guys are making me feel good about driving mine one time this last summer.

6. racesloth

Started in Dec 2007 so going on 7 years now... didn't plan on Afghanistan and England.

Currently helping a friend rebuild a an LS3 out of a 2012 Camaro now - we pulled the engine and trans 2 weeks ago. He wiped the cam and lifters out and we took it apart yesterday the main bearings had a little scoring and the rod bearings were perfect...

Checking on the prices to get it turned down 10thou (UK more expensive) vs. just buying a new stock crankshaft...

Cheers,
    Dan

7. racesloth

I see you sold the lower A-arms - What is next for you?

Dan

8. Mustangbrad94gt

get the kirkey's mounted, shifter installed, buy trans cooler= test drive

9. racesloth

Whoo Hoo... for test drive...

10. Mustangbrad94gt

went to Atlanta Saturday afternoon and bought a new 16' open car hauler, will post some pics by the weekend

11. racesloth

Getting there.... :encouragement:

12. Mustangbrad94gt

bought a Toshiba mini 10" notebook just for the car, also bought a inexpensive external cd drive to install the holley software, I then took the supplied 383-427 30 psi turbo tune, adjusted the ignition table, I lowered the base fuel table 15% from 105 kpa and down, the supplied tune had 160# inj, I'm using 120's, also set the target a/f table to what I wanted, threw it the tune, cranked right up, after reaching 165*, went to closed loop, started learning at idle, sent learn to base fuel twice, now idle's rock solid 900 rpm, did the same at 2k and 3k with the learning, the learning is very fast, I'm also impressed with the throttle response, this thing is running way good enough to test drive out of boost, It has took me a while to get base fuel right, once I learned how to adjust the percentage of what is in the table, instead of just the value in the cells made quick work of getting the base fuel map close, at this point, I'm glad I stuck it out with fuel injection, yesterday morning it was 28*, reached thru the window, hit the key, fired right up. lol -Brad-

13. racesloth

That is what I am talking about! I will give you a call this evening...

Dan

14. ducatibrian

Nice job sir! I am trying to get this far by summer.

15. yellowpony

Brad, great to hear! It is a very easy system to use if you give it a little time! Let us know how the first drive goes!

16. Hemann

A big congrats to you Brad. Glad to hear it is alive.

17. racerron67

I'm glad you got it figured out.

18. BlownShovel

good job Brad! let's get some video :cheers:

19. racesloth

I had to go back a watch the running video again. Upload a new video of the current tune when you get a chance.

20. racesloth

Any thing new?