1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94gt turbo rebuild

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Mustangbrad94gt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Mustangbrad94gt

correction on price, cable bracket is 17.99 and the trans lever is 13.99 or 25.99 for both, with you helping me out, I can afford the kit for 25.99 no prob

2. Mustangbrad94gt

order'd a neat little inline check valve, gonna use this for my fuel tank vent, you can blow through it real easy one way, close's off pretty tight the other way, vibrant says it's designed for vacuum pump system's, I priced other inline check valve/vent valves at around 80 bux, this one was 35 shipped and is billet aluminum DSCN0064.JPG #ad

DSCN0064.JPG #ad

3. Mustangbrad94gt

also recieved the b&m pro ratchet that mcj50 sent me, it is brand new, will be installing it next weekend, I hope. I also order'd a strange 1350 yoke for the 8.8, Dan hooked me up with a mark williams 1350 yoke for the th400, once I get the rear yoke installed, I can measure for the driveshaft, getting a little closer til' the first test drive

4. Hemann

Brad, Glad to see you are still working on the car.

5. wtfovr

How much vacuum does it take to close? I have been looking for this exact item for my evac system.

6. Mustangbrad94gt

it almost closes completly with lung power, lol, I'd say somewhere in the 1 # range, it is designed for their evac system

7. BlownShovel

Highlighting the important part -- getting a little closer til' the first test drive

Where are you getting the driveshaft from? I picked up my last from CCI in Michigan. Good folks.

8. Mustangbrad94gt

haven't decided yet Walt, I looked on ebay at a few shaft builders, Im just needing a balanced shaft centerline to centerline of u-joints, I will install my transmission yoke and rear u-joint, I found a 3 1/2" dom, 1350 u-joints, and they ad said it is balanced to 100 mph- lol, it was 275.00 shipped

9. BlownShovel

Just as info my chevelle shaft was around $300 from CCI if I remember right. That was a few years back. A friend was quoted $330 for a 3.5 inch shaft and $400 for 4 inch shaft, both complete with 1350 ends and trans yoke. RPM is an important factor they should be using to determine Size as well as weight, Tbrake usage - and whether upgrades or billet at the pinion are necessary.

10. racesloth

What have you been up to Brad? Let's talk on Skype soon....

Any updates on the sled?

Dan

11. Mustangbrad94gt

Hey Dan, I've took a month break from the car, that month has passed so it's time to finish this thing, master fabricators is building me a driveshaft next week, balanced to 8k rpm, rated for 1200+ hp, trans brake ready, then need to mount the shifter I got from Mike (mcj50), we should be close to a test drive

12. thunderroad

I'm ready to hear that turbo spool up!

13. racesloth

Sounds good brother....can't wait.

14. ricky

mustangbrad..had tried to pm you about your holley setup..was wondering if i could ask you a few questions about the install,etc

but your pm box is full..i'm at mondo347 at aoldotcom if its ok to email..just looking for some helpfull tips..thanks

15. Mustangbrad94gt

hey Ricky, I will clean out my pm box, you can give me a call, my home number is 864-333-5107

16. ricky

i don't think its just your pm box Brad..seems that alot of people are having trouble pm'ing on here

sorry,i am hearing impaired,talking on a phone is not a option for me

17. TTF/Ken Staff Member

It is due to the PM box quota limits. I had to turn on enforcement of PM quotas because they were piling up (200,000+) because apparently many would not delete old PMs. The space requirements were getting significant. :( So now the limits are being enforced. The system allows you to export your PMs to Excel, so you can archive them on your local computer. :)

18. ricky

i deleted alot of mine..what is the limit we can have now?

19. TTF/Ken Staff Member

I've just tweaked it. I didn't want it to result in causing problems, but apparently it did.... so I've just moved it up to 500 so people have a chance to export them. I'll keep it there for a month and will slowly reduce it after that. Problem is we use a remote backup service and we're starting to bump drive space limits.

20. Mustangbrad94gt

got my new chrome moly control arm's in, couldn't get the geometry right with the 1" shorter than fox on my 94, could have went with the standard fox length and made work, I decided to go standard sn-95 length, this will give me the most adjustment, so I have a set of UPR, chrome moly, no sway bar mount, 1" shorter than standard fox length, mock up only, to sell lol DSCN0077.JPG #ad

DSCN0077.JPG #ad