1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94gt turbo rebuild

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Mustangbrad94gt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. thunderroad

Not sure what you want for a shifter, but I believe I have a Hurst V-matic from an old project years ago. (Dang made me feel old to write that). I don't get rid of things like that, so if I got it, you can have it.

2. racesloth

Can't wait to see it move under its own power...

3. f1atlander

Hell yeah!

4. Mustangbrad94gt

my new trans is a reverse pattern manual valve body, Mike, I dont know if the v-matic will work with the reverse pattern, might would work temporarly until I can afford one, does it have the bracket that bolts to the th400 shifter shaft that you hook the cable to?

- - - Updated - - -

me to Dan

5. thunderroad

I believe I should have that bracket also Brad.

6. BlownShovel

Getting close :thumbsup:

7. mcj50

Brad,

I have as shifter at home that is new and was setup with a C4, may just need the gate changed for T400 but I'm not sure.

I will check it tonight.

Mike

8. Mustangbrad94gt

thanks for checking Mike, can u also get the brand and model so I can check on the th400 rmvb gate, thanks again

9. thunderroad

I've tore everything apart and can't find that old shifter, found some trans cable brackets and other stuff I've forgotten about, but no shifter. I'll work for free to make it up to you Brad.

10. Mustangbrad94gt

maybe mcj50 can work me up a deal on his

11. 93slvrhatch

Sick build man. SN95 cars make sick drag cars

12. Mustangbrad94gt

thanks man, I think if it was a drag only car, I would have already been finished, keeping it streetable is alot more work, lol

13. wtfovr

ain't that the truth!

14. 93slvrhatch

Yeah it is for sure.

15. mcj50

I am guilty, with the rushing around for md I didn't look. I will check tomorrow. I know where it is, just need a ladder to get to it.

16. thunderroad

mcj50, if you need a ladder to get to it, you must have more stuff laying around than me, I only needed a step stool to get to all of my junk.

17. Mustangbrad94gt

thanks to mcj50, I have a new b&m pro ratchet shifter on the way, It was installed in a turbo foxbody that was almost finished but never fired, he bought the car to part out and he has given me the shifter in return for some future fab work that he wants done, what a deal, thanks again Mike!, I think Im gonna cut out the ash tray in the console and mount it their

18. mcj50

Brad: I have a bag of shifter brackets from other shifters as well. If you can figure out which it uses I may have the right one. I think I left the bracket on the c4 from this one.

19. Mustangbrad94gt

I looked at jegs and summit, they sell the b&m bracket for mounting the cable to the pan and the shifter shaft bracket, both for the th400 for 24.95, figured I'd just go that route if needed

20. mcj50

That is the right price if it is exactly right.