1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94gt turbo rebuild

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Mustangbrad94gt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. jaredsamurai

This thread has recently become very interesting. It's like a soap opera. "Will brad get the car running fi, or switch to blow thru? Tune in next week for the surprise episode"

2. Mustangbrad94gt

finally starting to get the hang of the fi, its definatley my first choice

3. thunderroad

By the time I switch from blow thru to FI, you'll be an expert tuner!

4. Mustangbrad94gt

new base fuel map is close, idle's rock solid at 700 rpm, nice little lope with the f-cam, can reach in the window and hit the key now, fires right up, next step is to install rest of gauges and tach, oh yeah, and the video, ha ha

5. Mustangbrad94gt

I would like to build and install a mega-squirt system, hard to beat for the money

6. ducatibrian

Good job sir!

Where's the damn video already!

It is a requirement for all running turbo car owners to post a video for the rest of us.
    :(

7. thunderroad

Awesome man, got to come see this thing run.

8. mcj50

700 rpm? I remember back one day when my car would idle there...

9. ricky

i am actually looking into doing one of those in my 04 cobra setup..i have heard /read good things about them. if i go that route,it will be the pnp version though

10. yellowpony

Brad, I am very happy to hear that you are sticking with this, as you are finding out it is not that hard to use once you get over the fear of hitting a few keys. Best advice is when you make a change and you see an improvement, save the file before you go further, this way when you continue making changes and it is heading the wrong way, shut the car down and upload the known good file and start again. Drive the car and let the learn do it's thing, do not transfer the learning to base too early. Manage the fuel table manually as much as you can before transferring the learn to base, the car will still run just fine even if your change isn't correct, the learn will compensate and keep you going.

Have some fun with it, you will find that you have one awesome performing car within your first drive!

Anthony

11. racesloth

Maybe time for an update.... I know you have be loving playing with the software....

12. Mustangbrad94gt

quick video as promised[​IMG]#ad

13. Mustangbrad94gt

thats the difference between a mid 9sec car and a low 8sec car lol

14. Mustangbrad94gt

im somewhat of a electronics nut, would like to assemble one from componet level ha ha

15. 1sicpny

Sounds good brad!

16. Hemann

Car sounds good.

17. racesloth

Now that is some good stuff right there. Must feel pretty damn good and better that a 650 blow thru for sure...

D

18. mcj50

That sounds really clean for a car that was about to get ripped apart!

Keep chugging away, get that garage cleaned up and all of the mustang parts back in the mustang!

Congrats, huge milestone.

19. Mustangbrad94gt

gonna be finishing some wiring and dash switch panel, think Im gonna build my own driveshaft, 3 1/2" 1350 series, then I need to buy a shifter, one holcomb seat bracket and one seat for now, and a damn steering wheel lol

20. thunderroad

Sounds good Brad, lets get this thing finished and let it rip!