1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94gt turbo rebuild

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Mustangbrad94gt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Mustangbrad94gt

will get everything pulled and put in original holley boxes, I will post up some pics, and send you pay-pal info

2. racesloth

Man, Brad sad to see this happen...

Hope the best for you.

Dan

3. Mustangbrad94gt

IT RUNS!!!!!!!!!, Im almost ashamed to say what the problem was, noticed my old starter was dragging a little with the new engine, had no idea voltage was dropping to 7.5v during cranking, didn't sound that drastic, took my truck and jumper cables, hooked up to car battery and hit the key, IT RUNS!!!! Im so happy, this low voltage situation caused coil packs to fire all over the spectrum, had me chasing my tail on the wasted spark set-up, cam signal screwed up, im so glad I caught this before selling out, woke up ready to pull everything

4. mcj50

I'm glad you worked this out. I certainly understand the frustration but there is always a path out of these things and for better or worse it usually ends up being something stupid. Now, where is our video!

5. yellowpony

Wow, I just sent you PM, I'm sure you will find it funny. Anyhow, glad you are keeping it, I'm sure you will find it to be what you expected.

Anthony

6. Mustangbrad94gt

wow, that is funny, soon as it cranks, it runs 2 seconds and goes dead, trouble shooter says base fuel map or cold temp enrichment is lean

7. Mustangbrad94gt

soon as I can keep it running, I'll get one posted

8. ducatibrian

Congrats Brad! I just texted Anthony yesterday about trying to get you some help.

Pm me your number and I would be happy to drive down to help out at times. Your a couple hours away I think.

9. Hemann

Great to hear Brad!

10. racesloth

Great to hear! It lives! For the short time it does run, how does it sound? I am glad you didn't give up on the Holley too soon.

Dan

11. Mustangbrad94gt

engine sounds great Dan, no ticks, whisper quite, It will run at about 25oorpm, base fuel map is way low, its for the turbo 302 custom in the software, after looking at it close, I see where its about half the value's of where it needs to be compared to the 383-427 30psi turbo tune in the software

12. ducatibrian

Congrats Brad, baby steps sir. You will get there.

13. yellowpony

Brad, if you can get the car lit long enough to get it to temp, watch the learn % table. Do not transfer your learn to base, but take the % change it is doing and manually change the pph numbers in your base fuel table.

If you feel that the base map is too far off from where it needs to be, save the file and name it something you can reference easily. Copy and paste a fuel map from another file that you feel will work better and try that.

Anthony

14. racesloth

You can always try the 383 map just to see if stays running. You did buy your EFI from Dennis too - doesn't he offer a starting tune?

15. Mustangbrad94gt

the only way I know to chhange the base map is put in the low number, then the hi number and use fill the columns or row function, haven't learn'd how to copy another base map from another tune and transfer it to the one im using

16. thunderroad

Well just do what you said Brad and I'll watch for the tire smoke cloud from a distance!:thumbsup:

17. Mustangbrad94gt

when its ready, you need to come over and well take it on the maiden voyage

18. Mustangbrad94gt

after playing around with the copy and paste, I learned how to copy the base fuel map from another file and transfer to the tune im using, what a time saver, it would have took hours to enter by cell, im learning this thing slowly but surely, this ecu is awesome and I know im just scratching the surface of what it can do, cant wait to get into the learn tables and see what it can do, hearing it run has got me excited about finishing the car now

19. ducatibrian

That is great news Brad. Awaiting 1st video

20. racesloth

Yes - great news!