1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94gt turbo rebuild

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Mustangbrad94gt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Mustangbrad94gt

you're right, im working on it today and tomarrow, will se how it goes, will get firing order right first, will see if it will lite-off in batch mode on ijector strategy

2. wtfovr

Have you been on Holley's Forum? I am sure that Danny there can help with the cam sensor. I am running the same one, or will be at least.

3. thunderroad

Been real busy lately, but had to see where this build was at! Be patient and remember the basics, at least that is what I always have to remind myself of. Good luck and give me a call if you want, you know more about this stuff than me, but I'll help if needed.

4. Hemann

Where are you at with the cam sensor? PM me if you need some help. Maybe I can. Maybe I can't help but I might be able to get you in the right direction?

5. bumblebee

Make sure the cam sensor is trigged between the trigger Points on the crank Wheel..

6. f1atlander

Looking good Brad!

7. racesloth

Is lambda tuners website still up?? Maybe they can help.

I perused their site - http://lambdatuner.com/shop I see they recently are still using the cam position sensor and work with Holley HP too - give Trevor a a call - can't hurt.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  8. Mustangbrad94gt

got cam sensor working, still wont crank, tired of screwing with it! ALL FUEL INJECTION STUFF FOR SALE, going blow-thru!get ready for some deals on some like new stuff, never run (ha ha) mock-up only, HELLO CSU, HELLO DISTRIBUTOR AND MSD BOX lol

9. mcj50

Have you carefully walked through all of the settings in the ECU? Are you sure the crank trigger offset and cam sync position are in the right orientation?

10. yellowpony

Brad, why are you giving up on this so quick? Have you even called anyone/where to see if they can offer advice? When you say no crank, what are you referring to, the engine not physically turning over, or no rpm reading in the Holley software? That cam sync is pretty and all, but maybe you should modify a standard distributor and see how you make out. Send me a pm and get my email, if you can send me the file I will take a look at it, but I can't fix wiring errors and things way out of sync. Take a deep breath, step back and look over everything.

Anthony

11. rick90lx

I definitely wouldn't throw in the towel, it's an awesome system.

12. MUSTLX50

Brad don't throw in the towel yet buddy, I know Kevin has a great product and service second to non, but you are already there, don't give up know. There are plenty of people willing to help, let me know what the problem is. I have my best friend up in N. Carolina that has the same ignition set up but with a mega squirt and his car is running fine. Lets get some more info on the problem and there are guys here ready to help. Good luck buddy.

13. ducatibrian

Where are you at with this Brad?
    Have you gotten time to work thru it yet?

14. Mustangbrad94gt

Hey Brian, have to work half a day saturday, will start pulling everything out and boxing up for you when I get home from work, also will have the new dis (wasted spark) coil set-up for sale shortly, have to pull them also and box-up

15. wtfovr

Wow, that fast? Moving on to carb?

16. ducatibrian

I hate to hear that Brad. Just shoot me a pm when ready.

Anything else I can do to help let me know.

17. jaredsamurai

NNOOOOOO!!!

18. Mustangbrad94gt

yeah, just wanna get this thing running, I pretty sure with a good carb car will be just as fast, Im sure drivability and fuel milage will suffer vrs. injected, but its a weekend warrior anyways, will definately be simple set-up and easy to work on, looks like csu makes a nice unit, they say they can build me a nice 750 cfm thats good to 1100hp and 25#'s boost which is probally way more than my f4te block can handle lol, im also looking at a msd 6al-2 programable box with external map sensor, has pretty simple software to set up a boost timing map

19. Mustangbrad94gt

thanks Brian, just get this thing working when you get it, I wont feelso bad about the loss since I know its going on your car

20. ducatibrian

My friend wants this stuff and will be excited to get it I think.